Monday, October 13, 2008

Our Fun Weekend at Turkey Orchard

So, Joey's preschool class has a special book that they read for a month and get to take home with them as well. Due to the season, this month's book was The Apple Pie Tree!



So, on behalf of them reading that book, a bunch of us decided to take our kiddos on Friday to the Turkey Orchard in Pullman to let them pick some apples!

Here is Joey by one of the trees!



Here is Joey and his friend, Jack Crockett!



I was sad I didn't get any pictures of Emma..she loved picking the apples ! She was a little short so she was excited when she would find a branch hanging low. She was not as strong, though, as she would liked to have been, so I helped her take the apples off and would put them on the ground and she would pick them up and put them in her bag. She loved saying ready, set, go and then pulling the apples off with mommy. Joey had a huge bag of apples...his bag weighed 8 lbs and Emma's bag weighed 5 lbs. She insisted carrying it herself..it was the cutest thing seeing her trying to drag that bag along. I really wish I got a picture of it :(

That night, I had Joey help me make an apple pie with the apples he picked. In the book, the 2 sisters help their mom make an apple pie from the apples they picked from their apple tree in their yard. He had so much fun helping me and was very proud of the pie he made!



On Saturday, we went to the Harvest Party they had at the Turkey Orchard. On our way there we passed our friends, the Crockett's, so we ended up being able to enjoy the day with them..that was fun!

Here is Joey in the pumpkin patch!



He is so funny..Just like last year, he would pick up tons of pumpkins but put them back down because they were too heavy..He has to find just the right pumpkin!



Joey and his perfect pumpkin!



Emma didn't have much interest in the whole searching for a pumpkin thing. She just walked around and said, No Pumpkin! Joey was nice enough, though, and picked her out a little pumpkin and an even smaller pumpkin for Myra.



Here are the 3 pumpkins that Joey selected!



After picking out the pumpkins, we went on a hay ride. Here is everyone waiting for it to go! Can you tell Mike is cold! :)



Here is Emma on the hay ride!



After the hay ride, we all went through a kids corn maze. The kids had a blast!

Here is Emma pulling Mike along! :)



Here is Joey going through the corn maze!



Here are the Crocketts!



Here is Joey giving Emma a big hug! It was cold out there! BRRRRR!



It was a fun, but cold weekend! I am glad we got to go..the kids loved every minute of it!

6 comments:

Kim said...

I am so excited to start seeing everyone's trips to the Pumpkin Patch's. I love this time of year!

Trisha said...

What a fun day! We went to the Maize this year and I thought of you guys. How sweet that Joey picked out a pumpkin for Myra! I think it's funny that Emma didn't want to participate in the whole pumpkin thing. Kids are so funny!

Holwege Family said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Joey is so cute holding the apple pie.

Anonymous said...

I love the new format, it's really cool! I bet Joey's pie was delicious--I'm jealous, I want a piece!!!! Joey and Emma looked so cute,as always and We're going to find Michael some long pants :)!!!!! Love, Mom

JT42 said...

looks way fun...wish we had sometging close like that :) your kids are adorable! love the family pictures by the way-super cute!

Shannah said...

That apple pie sure looks tasty! The corn maze looked fun too...but where are your mining hats??? HA HA