
On important birthdays (her 1st, 5th, 8th, 16th, etc) I decided I would get something special that would remind me of that age. Like for her 8th, I would probably get something resembling baptism or for her 5th, I would get something that would resemble starting school and so forth. Well this year I got a baby bracelet of what the size of her wrist would have probably been (Since she was so small, I kind of estimated from what Emma wore). Since her theme was purple butterflies I had this lady make a purple butterfly for her.
All these items will go in my shadow box that I have in my room.

Here is the cake I made for her. I tried to do what I would have done if she were here. I made a butterfly cake for her and bought butterfly happy birthday plates and napkins. I was kind of sad because the frosting was originally purple but when we got to the graveside I pulled off the lid and the frosting had turned blue. Very weird for Wilton...but it still looked cute I suppose!

The kids each gave Myra a nice big pinwheel. Here is Joey putting his in the ground.

Joey standing proudly by his pinwheel!

Daddy helping Emma put her pinwheel in the ground!

And Emma all excited next to her pinwheel!

Mommy and Daddy gave her a purple butterfly. We put it up close to the tree in front of her in hopes that they will leave it there permanently. I have seen people put wind chimes on trees next to their children so I hope they won't remove her butterfly!

We have such good friends here in Moscow. Our friends, the Crockett's, gave her a really nice card and this cute balloon to put on her grave. We are very grateful for everything they have done for us. They have a little girl, Olivia, that would have only been 9 days older than Myra. At first, I thought it was going to be hard, but I think sweet Olivia has actually helped me a lot. We love to babysit her and we often get to watch her in church!

After we placed all the presents on her grave, Joey attempted to take a picture of us with Myra. He did a really good job of getting us but every time we had him get her grave he only got our knees...oh well! :)


After that, we sang Happy Birthday to her and cut her, her first piece of cake!

Her grave with all of her goodies :)

We were originally going to eat the cake at the grave but it was way too windy and cold..so we took it back to Grandma and Grandpa's house and ate it there. I was a little disappointed at first but it worked out nice...Britnee, Tate, and Grandma got to join us for some cake as well!
Here are the kids stuffing their mouths with cake. Poor Emma was just getting over crying in this picture. She had fallen off the chair just prior to me taking the photo.

Here is Britnee and Taten enjoying their cake!

The trip was a lot of fun! It was easier than I thought. I was a little edgy that day and was having a hard time coping with the kids, but other than that it was a nice day.
We got to visit with some friends and the kids got to meet their new cousin, Elizabeth. We also had fun spending our tax money :) I got a laptop (well I got a laptop when we are here, it becomes Mike's when we are traveling so he can work :)) I got a new camera, and Mike picked out a bunch of games from All about games!
I am glad we were able to go and hopefully we will be able to go for her future birthdays!
7 comments:
I;m sure this was a hard day for you and Mike. I'm so glad that you have each other and that you have your two darling kids to comfort you. I wish I could have had some of that yummy cake :) We love you, Mom, Lee and Dani
I admire your strength. What a great idea to celebrate her birthday and continuing to do so.
what a great idea for her birthdays! I can't believe it's been a year...you are a brave woman. I can't imagine the emotions. You look AMAZING-your son is a great photographer ;)
This is so, so sweet. I love the way you chose to celebrate your sweet daughter. This post was very touching and just shows your strength!
love you.
You are the bravest woman I know! I don't think I could have done what you did. I was thinking about you and hoping everything was going well.
Kami, you are so sweet and I think you have a really wonderful tradtion going. You are so brave and I really admire you!
Wow! One year already? I'm glad the family was able to have a good time celebrating a sad occasion.
Post a Comment