Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The TERRIBLE 2's have struck the Bahnmiller home

So I had my first experience today with the terrible 2's. I had just made Emma green beans and it was needing to cool so I thought I would take Emma out to the mailbox to get the mail so she wouln't cry from being hungry. Well when I got back from the mailbox the front door was locked..Yes, it was locked! My sweet son locked us out of the house! After about 1/2 hour of trying to coerce Joey into unlocking the door, I went over to my neighbors house and called Mike. We were afraid that the cost of him leaving for an hour or more and wasting gas would be too high so I called the police and asked what they could do and once they realized that Joey (a 2 year old) was inside by himself they rushed 2 police cars over. After trying to break every door and window they found that our house is very secure and can't be broken into very easily. (good to know but not at that moment) So they called a lockssmith and told them ASAP and they were here within 10 min and were speeding. (It was a funny sight to see a huge white van speeding down the road with their windows opened and yelling out saying 216-there it is and then running fast to our door and using every tool-very fast I might add- to get the door open) I guess you get extra treatment when there is a 2 year old stuck on the line. The locksmith said that this was fun..he never had permission to speed before! Well all in all....I am back safe in the house, I didn't have to pay the locksmith, and we now have blue ink all over our couches!!! All I have to say is it's a good thing we paid extra for that micro-suede cleaner!

3 comments:

Shannah said...

Oh the joys of children! My mom can tell you a story about my brother doing the same thing. Luckily for you it wasn't 100 degrees outside while you waited :O)

Michael Bahnmiller said...

The way I heard it, it _was_ 100 degrees plus outside... hm...

Keri Hallmark Oldroyd said...

How funny! I mean not funny that he was in th ehouse by himself, but it's funny cause I'm pictureing you outside begging to open the door, lookin gin windows and so forth! ThenI'm laughing pictureing the cops showing up then the lock smith saying he had fun! Weird ...I don't want to imagine, I
ll just hope that never happens to me. How's the coach? BLUE INK!!! I love you