Joey had a lot of fun trying to get all the seeds out :)
Emma not so much!
While the kids got all the seeds out, I made miniature caramel apples with sprinkles on them. Not the prettiest things but they weren't bad.
The finished product
Mike also made a bat that we kept on our post outside
Saturday afternoon, Mike had a choir concert so I took the kids Trick or Treating at the Shops at Riverwoods. They had some activities for the kids to do, cookies and juice, and music and dancing.
The kids ready to trick or treat
Of course we had to pause for a moment to take a cute picture with some nice scenery :)
Emma showing off her Lion King mask she got there.
Saturday night was our ward's Halloween Chili cook off/carnival.
Emma eating some cornbread
Joey showing off his Spiderman muscles in the decorated hallway
They had 4 different carnival games that the kids could play and a doughnut eating contest
They also had a fun background for nice family pictures
and one for funny pictures :)

It was a really fun day!
On Sunday, I made some yummy pumpkin cinnamon rolls with caramel icing for breakfast.
For dinner I made ghostly enchiladas
And for dessert, a pan full of cinnamon apples and worms
We had a great weekend and were all ready for Halloween :)
No comments:
Post a Comment