Monday, November 24, 2014

More November Pics

Some pretty sunflowers I received from a Multi Stake Woman's Conference. I sure do love Sunflowers!


Some fun projects the kids did for school.

This one is Joey's. It is a mirror book. You look through the window and see all the scenes from the book. Pretty cool!


Emma made a clay sculpture of a made up town. She worked really hard on this and had a lot of fun!


We had to say goodbye to a very awesome missionary. We enjoyed feeding her on multiple occasions and she had to go and get transferred. :) She was from Boise as well and I graduated with her cousin.


Me and Joey went on a date night while Emma and Daddy had a date night of their own. We went to a restaurant that Joey had been wanting to go to for awhile called Islands.


We had hamburgers and shared this yummy brownie sundae


We then went and saw Big Hero 6.


We had a lot of illness in November and thought it would never end. Mike was first sick for about 2 weeks with a respiratory infection. Then poor Joey got sick, then me and finally Emma. Emma and Daddy got hit the hardest. I thought Emma's temperature would never go down. She was into the 105's. It finally stopped though and we were able to enjoy Thanksgiving with no illnesses.

Here is Emma trying to entertain Joey while he was sick in bed. She read to him and put scenes together from My Little Pony :)


Here, in California, we are about a month behind with seasons. September is the hottest summer month and November is when the leaves finally start to change. I love it when the trees change and was super excited when the ones at our church building did. Our street where we lived is a palm tree lined streets so we didn't see much color but our new house is covered in trees so it will be super pretty next fall I bet!


Saturday, November 22nd, we helped the Arcadia Food bank put together boxes and boxes of Thanksgiving meals for the homeless and low income families. We went with the scouts in our ward. The kids had a lot of fun and it was great to see how much food would feed these families. I can't believe how much Walmart contributes. It was great.

Some Japanese girls thought the scouts were super cute and wanted to take a picture with all of them. :) Here are our scouts and some other volunteers.

No comments: