Monday, February 23, 2015

Valentine Week

I have always wanted to have nice solid book shelves in my living room..not only for books but to decorate :) I have really wanted to make buntings for holidays, so I made these Valentine's ones this year. I think they turned out great!




It's nice that things have finally calmed down here in our world...I even had enough time to make these cupcakes that I have been wanting to make for years. The Sister Missionaries came over the Sunday before Valentine's Day so I thought this would be perfect!


Friday, February 13th, was the kids 100th day of school. I made them this doughnut 100 for breakfast.


I did little things throughout the day like they had to find as many words as they could out of ONE HUNDRED. For snack time they had to count out 100 pieces of a variety of snacks. For PE, I had them do a variety of things 100 times like jump roping 100 times or hopping, etc. For art, Emma drew herself as 100 years old and for Joey I drew 100 on a paper and he had to make some sort of drawing out of it.  I think the kids had fun!

For Valentine's, both Emma and Joey got a cute Chinese box full of chocolates. Joey got a stuffed dragon and Emma got a turtle.


They painted magnets




We also had a variety of Minute to Win it games. Here the kids had to stack conversation hearts as fast as they could in a minute.



They had to pick up a variety of shapes and sizes of candy with chopsticks


They also had a relay race and another one that for some reason I can't remember.

For lunch I made heart shaped sandwiches, heart carrots, Valentine Mike n Ikes, and pudding with a strawberry heart (tried anyway)


And here is a cute photo of my boys reading The Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites together one Sunday afternoon. :)




No comments: