Sunday, July 26, 2015

4th of July

Our ward was having a 4th of July breakfast and bike parade on the morning of the 4th. Here is Joey and Emma decorating their bikes 2 nights before the 4th.


Joey's favorite number is 4 and thought it would be pretty cool to put it on his bike since it was the 4th of July as well :)


I love their helmets!



I love all the bows Emma made on hers


We had a very yummy pancake breakfast with bacon, fruit and muffins. After the breakfast the kids all lined up and got ready to go



And their off!












I love the glasses everyone got for the parade :)


When we got home we put up our pinwheels. It was fun watching them twirl all day


That night we went and got burgers at one of our favorite places called Dog Haus. We then headed to the Alhambra Park to watch the firework show. Due to the severe drought here, we are banned from doing personal fireworks but it is always fun to watch them in the sky!

While we waited the kids played some outdoor games we had gotten in happy meals.

Frisbee tic tac toe

Trying to get the frisbees in certain circles for points


They also danced to the music



All ready to watch the fireworks with their flag and star light sticks!


Some of the fireworks!










And the yummy dessert I made this year. Berry Shortcakes. It is layered with lemon shortbread stars, blueberries and strawberries, and whipped cream.


No comments: