Thursday, November 5th, was Joey's Arrow of Light Ceremony. We are so proud of him for accomplishing this. He worked really hard. They completely changed the program in September but because his birthday is in December there is no way he could finish it all in 3 months. His leader got permission for him to do the old program if he completed it BY September when the new program started. And that's just what he did. He worked really hard through out the summer and finished it all but the hike. They did a special 3 and 5 mile hike just for Joey as one of the first activities after the summer break was over. Joey chose to do his Arrow of Light once Vienna was born so that I would be guaranteed to go and so that hopefully Grandma could come. Sadly, she had to leave but I was so happy that I could be there!
They had a nice ceremony for him. Here he is saying the pledge, the motto, and the law of cub scouts.
Being presented with his arrow. Please excuse my swolleness. I for some reason got really swollen once I got home from the hospital. I could barely see my toes.
Joey's leader, Patti, talking about what a special kid Joey is.
Then, as his transition from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts, he made a bridge. Each piece of the bridge had a trait that he needed to have to be a loyal Boy Scout.
Once completed, he got to climb it.
And now he is a Boy Scout!
No comments:
Post a Comment