Monday, June 16, 2008

Very Long Week

So, last week was so looong and busy!!! First of all, I decided to start my own business. I make bows, and many people have been telling me to sell them... so last week I decided to give it a try. The name of my company is the Myra Caitlin bowtique! I will be selling my bows on etsy.com with the address of myracaitlinbowtique.etsy.com if you want to go check them out or purchase any of them. I am also selling them on our webpage MyraCaitlin.com. This is a website Mike put together for me after Myra passed away, and it has pictures and our story on it as well as Mike's music but I will talk about that more later. :) So here are a few of the bows that I make:

Purple sheer korker bows:



4th of July Korker bows:



Single Korker bow:



My bugs... I can make butterflies, bees, ladybugs, and fireflies!



Flower Sheer bows: I can make these in white, red, yellow, and blue as well!



These are just a few that I make! I will be making a ton more and have more to show at my etsy store. I can make them in pretty much any color you want as well, you just have to ask. My bows aren't listed on myracaitlin.com yet but will be shortly.

If anyone is interested in any of them, you can buy them on etsy.com, or you can just email me or leave me a comment... (thanks)!

Ok, now on to the other part of the long week! We had an artwalk here in Moscow last Friday and Saturday, and Mike played the piano at it. They asked him to play right in front of a coffee shop from 6:30-8pm on Friday (he actually played until 9), and they told him he could sell CD's. So all last week we made CD's and got his music ready for Friday. The CD turned out great! We have sold 4 so far, and at the coffee shop (Sister's Brew) they have it playing and said if anyone asks they will give them Mike's info.

It was a lot of fun! We drove Mike down there and got him all set up and then the kids and I walked around the artwalk and met up with the Hill's and walked around with them. It was fun and pretty cool to see Mike out there playing his piano and to see so many people admiring his music.



His admirers start so young :) This little kid, Evan, kept on coming back and insisted that his Grandma let him stay there... it was cute!



We have put Mike's music up on myracaitlin.com, and you can go and listen to samples of his music or purchase the CD here.

So it was a pretty exhausting week with me making bows and trying to help Mike make CD's and everything! On Saturday, I went garage saling and found some cool stuff, and then on Sunday my dad was in town, so we got to spend some time with him for father's day which was nice. I made some yummy cheesecake (the only kind of cake Mike likes), and we got to visit for awhile! Keri and Brian's family came over as well! We gave my dad some chocolates, and one of Mike's CD's for Father's Day. He absolutely loved the gifts and was excited to listen to Mike's music on the way home. My dad loves Yanni, and everyone agreed that the 3rd song on Mike's CD, The Joy of Life, sounds just like Yanni! If any of you are wondering, I didn't forget about Mike. I made him an omelet (which is a lot harder than it looks) for breakfast and then for dinner I made him lasagna with swiss cheese (his favorite cheese), and we gave him a mouse pad that has a bunch of pictures of the kids on it in different stages of their life. So he had a pretty good day as well! :)

7 comments:

JT42 said...

whoa! you are a busy woman these days! how fun to start a business...i will have to check it out...with three girls you just may be getting some business from me more often than not ;) good luck with it-the bows are cute!

Anonymous said...

The bows are darling!!!! Good luck with your new business! I listended to parts of Mike's CD on the website, it's beautiful!!!!!!! I definately want to buy one. You guys are so busy, do you ever take time to rest?? :) Love, Mom

Amanda said...

Kami your bows are so cute. Do you think they would stay in Lorelai's hair? She has a lot of hair and I can put clip barrets in her hair, but I wondered what kind of clips you use. They are just so cute. I would love to buy some, I am going to have to check out your store. That is so great that Mike was able to make a cd. I am going to go listen to it right now. Congratulations on your store. I have an etsy page, but I have been lazy and I haven't put anything on it.

La belle mère said...

Wow, you weren't kidding about a long week, but it sure sounds like fun. :-) Those bows are to die for!! Now, I just need a baby girl to put them on . . . ;-)

sara :) said...

Now those bug bows are stinking cute! (As are the rest of them but I've never seen anything like the bugs!)

Good luck with everything!

Shannah said...

How stinkin' cute! I LOVE those bee ones. It's official I need to get married and have babies so I can buy those! Good luck to you on your store :o)

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

So cute! When Carolyn's hair gets longer, I will definitely check that out!