We got our first BBQ (which was later stolen) from a dumpster. We got a really nice floor lamp that we had up until we moved here. (It didn't apparently want to leave the Boise area) We have also found many valuable things and sold them. It has given us some nice income when needed.
Our most recent find, is a toddler bed! Yes, we already have one but this one that we found is the one I wanted to buy originally but we didn't have enough money. We ended up getting a wood one for Joey which worked for him because it matched his room. This one though is perfect for Emma...it matches her room! So I am happy we found it. It was in really good shape too...it just needed to be cleaned. And of course it needed a mattress (but we already had one of those) So now we can sell Joey's and get some much needed money.
Here is the bed...Pretty nice eh?

So...you may be thinking we are sad but it has blessed us greatly and Emma sure likes her cool new big girl bed! She slept in it last night (first time away from her crib) and only had one incident. She started screaming at about 1:30 in the morning. She had fallen in between the wall and the bed. A big girl bed is definitely something she will have to get used to..she likes to move way too much! :)
5 comments:
That is awesome...NOT SAD! Free stuff rocks regardless of where it's from. What a lovely bed! and hey! the blanket on top is the one I gave you for the baby shower! i forgot how much I like that. i struggle to find patterns I LOVE in fleece. That one definitely took the cake of all the ones I've made. We think about you often!
Isn't it amazing what people throw away!
That bed looks great and no one would ever know that it was thrown out!
John does the same thing, families move to a new base and get rid of stuff before they move he takes it fixes it up and sells it. today he threw away my friends Pampered chef order and it went out with the garbage on garbage day so now I have to replace $60 worth of stuff (rrrrrrr!)
we have done the same thing, in fact, we just got a toddler bed too-nothing wrong with it...it's amazing the things people will throw out! way to go!
That is so fun, gotta love the student-population of Moscow!
Post a Comment