Joey really likes Caillou and both Caillou and Joey love magic! So, this year Joey's theme was a Caillou Magic Party!
Here is the cake!

Here is the table with the Pinata on top! I was so excited when I found this pinata..how perfect having a rabbit coming out of a hat :)

I put up large face cards as part of the decorations for the party..along with balloons and streamers.

First, we played musical chairs! Which I don't recommend you playing with 3-5 year olds. Everyone wanted their own cool chair and was upset when they lost it :) It finally ended though and Cooper was the winner and won a magic set.
Then we did the pinata. It took quite a lot of hitting but it finally broke. I think after each kid had like 4 turns.
Here is Joey's friend, Jack, hitting the pinata.

And Joey

And Emma Hill

All the kids diving into the toys from the Pinata!

Then it was time to open presents...Joey received a lot of nice gifts. He really liked his card games of Cars!

Here is Joey opening up his new Transformer!

And his Hot Wheels Track!


He also received a Melissa Doug Puzzle of Dinosaurs..I just love Melissa and Doug Puzzles! A fire truck, and Leapfrog movie from Grandma and Grandpa Self, and a Mac truck that turns into a race track for Lightening McQueen from Grandpa and Grandma Hallmark.
After presents, Mike did a magic show! It turned out really cute! Mike did a really good job with keeping them entertained..the kids couldn't stop laughing!
Here are all the kids in their Magic Hats and Wands! I think they are so cute :)


Michael doing his beginning routine to "Send Me and Angel"

Mike doing the Chinese box trick with Eliza as his assistant!

Then for the best trick of the day...making candy!
Since Joey was the birthday boy..he got to dress up like a magician and be the assistant!

Emma got a little scared (that is why she is in the corner)..Mike at the end of putting all the ingredients into the pot..starts it on fire to cook it!

But as you can see she is in awe now, when daddy takes the lid off and there is no more fire but tons of candy :)

All the kids diving in!

Time for Cake!
Here are most of the kids around the table ready to sing to Joey!

Joey after blowing out his candles! He actually blew them out before we were done singing..does he get bad luck for that? :)

After the cake, the kids just played until their parents came to get them! I think the kids had a lot of fun! And now the parents are asking me how fire turned into candy :)
6 comments:
What a good idea. It looks like it turned out great and so fun! I'm sorry that we didn't send Joey a present in time for his actual birthday or his party, but we did send it yesterday so watch for it. Happy Birthday Joey!!
How fun!! Looks like the best party a 4-year-old could ask for. :-)
wow! That was so cute and creative. He is a lucky boy to have such great and loving parents.
Dang, I hate living so far away! The party looks like it was a definate success!!!! Let me know when Joey watches his new tape and what he thinks about it! I thought it looked real cute, but what do Grandma's know :)
You did a great job with everything! Looks like we missed a lot of fun! Seeing Mike in his Magic get-up brings back so many memories...
How fun!!! I would have liked to have been there myself; I'm SURE the little kids thought it was awesome.
Post a Comment