Monday, March 25, 2013

Dr. Seuss' Birthday and Scheel's

Friday, March 1st, Provost Elementary celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday. It was also Take Your Family To School Week that week (which I was in charge of again this year) so we decided to have a dress up day along with the traditional Dads, Dear Ones and Donuts. I got me and the kids hats and the kids went as Thing 1 and Thing 2. I thought they looked pretty cute!
 


It was a pretty fun day. Mike couldn't attend either one of the kids Dads and Donuts so I got to go to Emma's class before I worked and went to Joey's class after I got off work.

Friday, March 8th and Saturday, March 9th we spent with my mom and Lee while Mike was on his last trip to California. On Saturday we went to check out the cool store, Scheel's.

It is a pretty cool store. It is like a Cabella's but much much bigger! It had a mini bowling alley in it and some other activities as well like baseball.

They had these 2 presidents on each side of the store.


Joey's favorite president, Lincoln. They looked so real and they talked about some things they did for America. It was pretty cool!



This was a pretty cool display. It was a large mountain full of the different wildlife in Utah.



They have a large ferris wheel right in the middle of the store. Poor Joey wanted to ride it so bad but the line was too long

 

What I thought was fun was they had all these photo props to take fun pictures. Here are a few!
 

We were trying to get Emma to do a scared face but she insisted on smiling for the picture :)


That's a little better





These were my favorite. You walk up to the screen and hold this wooden fish (there were 3 to choose from) and you hold it up and on the t.v. screen it looks like you are holding the actual fish. They will email you the picture and everything.



They had a really cool fish tank as the entry way when you entered the store.




I think the kids really enjoyed the store. Too bad it is so far away from us or we would go more often :)

No comments: