Friday, March 29, 2013

Myra's 5th Birthday

Mike was actually gone this year for Myra's birthday so we kind of celebrated it spiratically through out the weekend. She would have been turning 5 on March 10th.

Friday night before we took Mike to the airport for his 3rd and final trip to California, I made these cute fruity cheerios marshmallow treats. Of course I made them into butterflies :)


Saturday, the 9th, me and the kids spent the day with my mom. We made these fun cakes in a jar. We separated the dough into different colors. It made the cake turn out pretty cool.

In the oven they go



The finished cake


All of the cakes we made. I made a really yummy cherry almond frosting and then we decorated them with purple sprinkles and butterflies.


My Mom and Dani got this cute, grow a sunflower in a mug, for me for Myra's birthday. I thought that was very sweet!


This was the present we bought this year in remembrance of her. It is a potpourri butterfly.


Mike got in from California around 1 am Sunday and then had to be in Salt Lake all day for a concert for BYU. Me and the kids woke up and made these birthday confetti pancakes. I wouldn't advice putting candles in hot pancakes :) We had to throw away the top pancake.



The kids we very excited and wanted to make birthday posters to put around the house. Here are a few.

Emma's


Emma cut out letters from a magazine to spell L-O-V-E.


Joey spelled out Happy Birthday Myra in butterflies. I thought that was pretty creative!

We also played a butterfly game. They each had a butterfly that they had to launch to see who got the farthest or who got the butterfly closest to a target.


They landed on the wall like this and then trickled down the wall like a butterfly flapping its wings. It was kind of cool!


I love Joey's face here. Very intent :)


They tied!


Monday night for family home evening we went out to eat, went bowling and then went to a dollar movie with Mike.

If you notice the score, I won! Oh Yeah! Oh Yeah!  You don't see that very often!


It was a pretty good weekend!

No comments: