Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

So, our Halloween started out by taking Mike to school and then heading to the dollar store. I needed to get some fairy wings for a project I am doing for Emma's room (more of that to come, later!) The only color they had on the wall was orange and that just wouldn't do since her room is red, white and pink. As I was leaving, disappointed, I noticed some behind a large display case. There were 2 red and a pink. I was like perfect since I knew Michaels carried pink and white ones. The only problem was how was I going to get these wings from behind the display case. I asked one of the sales clerks if there was anyway to get these wings out. He looked puzzled and then we came up with a contraption that consisted of a long stick and tape. He managed to get 2 of the wings and ended up loosing the stick trying to get the third one. I felt so bad but he was determined to get it for me. He ended up breaking apart the display case and got me my last set of wings. I thought he was going to be upset and hate me forever but instead he just smiled, started talking to my kids and asked if they could have a piece of candy. I thought that was so awesome! We need more customer service like that!

So, after the Dollar store we came home and started making the sugar cookies! They turned out so yummy and Joey had a blast! He loved making the shapes and frosting them! He put way too much frosting on them but he didn't care..he is definitely my child when it comes to the sugar department! :)




Emma ended up knocking out! Hopefully next year she can join us for the cookie making :)



That night for dinner we had Papa Murphy's jacko-latern pizza. Joey thought that was the coolest thing...eating a pumpkin pizza for dinner!



After dinner, we got ready for Trunk or Treat!

Emma DID NOT like her costume at all! She hates things on her head and neck (like her mother) so I was wondering if this costume was going to work out or not! As you can see, NO!



Joey loved his costume though..he was Thomas the Train!



After many attempts of trying to coerce Emma into wearing this costume, I had an idea! I went and I got her 2 ladybug clips and took off her hood and told her if she wore this costume then we could put these "pretties" in her hair and not wear the hat! She was satisfied with that arrangement! That girl loves her "pretties" :)

Emma, the cute ladybug!



I even got her to smile for another picture of them together!



After Trunk or Treat we headed to the Mall. Boy, was that crazy! Each store had someone dressed up and handing out candy. I think everyone who lived in Moscow, who had kids, was there! It was packed! When living in a small town, it actually makes you realize there really are a lot of people living here!

Here are the kids waiting in the line to go to the next store and poor Mike smiling for the picture! ( He had surgery on his nose for his deviated septum..he is not doing so well :( He gets his splints out this Tuesday though, so hopefully that will help and he will begin to breathe better at night again)



Even though it took us forever to go to every store, it was fun none the less! We even ran into our friends the Crocketts. Olivia was a poodle and Jack was a dragon!



Here is Thomas and the dragon! :)



After the mall, we went home and let the kids watch a Halloween cartoon while eating a few pieces of candy. Then they went to bed and me and Mike watched a fun movie!

It was a great Halloween!

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Very cute costumes! It sounds like you had a great day! What a great idea to make the whole day special like that--you're really good at things like that. How funny was Emma's reaction to her costume--with and without the hood!

Anonymous said...

What a fun Halloween!!! The kids looked darling!!!! I spent the night handing out candy alone, Lee had to close and Dani went to a party. Then Melissa and family showed up, the kids trick-or-treated in our neighborhood, so I wasn't lonely anymore, yah!!!! I sure wish I could have seen your kids in their costumes, I miss them so much!!! Hope Michael is doing better!! Love, Mom