Thursday, January 29, 2009

Valentine's Decor, A New Shelf, Sickness

So, since I have not been able to make my bows because of this new lead law..I have been bored! So, I have been making decorations! I have never really had many Valentine's decorations so I decided I needed to make some :) We have a building supply place that will give you scraps of wood for free so I was able to make this:



I really like the dollar store 3 window frames...they make really cute decorations! I also made one for Halloween that says BOO and one for Christmas that says JOY.



It's fun to make decorations for so cheap! :)

Me and Mike also gave ourselves a present! We have been really trying to work hard on our food storage and since we have no shelf space to store food....we decided to get this:



Isn't cool!!!!! If you can't tell what it is...it is a Rotating Food Storage Shelf. It is huge! It is the 72" shelf you can get from Shelf Reliance. It is really neat and very helpful with the FIFO system! It holds the # 10 cans all the way down to the tiny itty bitty sized cans! We had to do a lot of rearranging in our room to make it fit and it may over power our room :) but hey what can you do! I now call our room the cannery :) Mike also made a shelf for the top so we can store our dried items up there.

Needless to say...we won't be having any left over money from our taxes :)

We have also had a lot of sickness in our house this week! Poor Emma, after church on Sunday, came down with a fever and a cough and it has not gone away since. And now Joey woke up this morning with a fever as well! AGHHHHHH! It is already so much fun having one sick kid but having two!!!!! People probably won't be seeing much of me for the rest of the week!

Here is a cute picture of our sickie, Emma...she has been quite attached to Mike! She brings you her blanket with her sad little puppy face and says..." I sit with you" Poor Mike hasn't been able to get much work done :)



Aren't her feet too cute!



You will have to excuse the messy living room...it is hard to keep the house clean with sick children!! I am keeping the kitchen clean though...which is a plus! If the kitchen is dirty then the whole house might as well be dirty!

Well...hopefully this sickness will end with them...we'll see!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Valentine decorations! Very cute!!! How can you be bored with 2 small children :) I feel so bad that their both sick, use lots of lysol!!!!!!!!! :)

ang :o) said...

Love those love blocks! You should sell those! the frame is cute too. The only benefit to Flower being sick, which has only been once in the last two years, is it made her super cuddly and she's not normally. Hope she gets better soon!

p.s.-i thought your bows were for dolls that grown-ups keep up on shelves. *wink wink*

Trisha said...

What beautiful Valentines decorations! I'm especially amazed by those blocks that say, "Love." I think I might need some...I'm also very envious of your rotating shelf! Those are amazing, and very expensive! I hope your sick kids are better! Poor little Emma--you can tell she just doesn't want to move.

The Hill Clan said...

I love the blocks!!

Michelle said...

Hey Kami,
I just bought myself a shelf and it came in the mail yesterday. I am just waiting for DJ to help me set it up. Did you hear that the law has been postponed for another year as they are still looking into it. So sell, sell, sell!!!