Monday, September 21, 2009

Emma's Birthday Party

On Saturday the 19th we had Emma's Birthday Party. She chose to have a Little Mermaid Party this year. It turned out really cute and the kids had a lot of fun. I was glad it was a success!

Here are the decorations for the party! This is the table where the kids decorated treasure chests with sea shells, foam fishes, and glitter. It's kind of funny, but the birthday sign has made its way through our apartment complex. It was first used by my friend Brandee's daughter, then my friend, Kim's daughter, and now Emma! :)



This is the cupcake table. I put half of a table cloth over my microwave and put the cupcake stand on top of it. I think it turned out rather cute. Emma's cupcake is the one in the middle with Ariel on top. The other cupcakes had seashells, stars, and Flounder on them.



We had pink streamers hanging down with purple balloons on the bottom of them.



Emma had the special chair, of course! She had an Ariel mylar balloon attached to her chair!



Shown at the very end of the kitchen is one game we played. Pin the flower on Ariel!



Here is the other game we played. We fished for Flounder! I printed out 2 sides of Flounder and glued a magnet on to the mouth of one fish and glued the other fish on top of the magnet. Then I found a stick at a park and tied yarn to it and put another magnet on the bottom of the yarn and viola! A great fishing game for the kids! I just put a blue blanket in the bathtub and laid the fish down on top of it.



Here are some of her guests. I forgot to take a picture of all the guests once they arrived. 4 more kids arrived after I took the picture. Emma's friend, Molly, unfortunately couldn't come because she had croupe. It was so funny when I told Emma that Molly couldn't come. She looked at me sad for a minute and then said, "So, where can we find another Molly?" I just thought that was the funniest thing!



Here the kids are fishing!



Cupcake time! I just love Emma's very intent face here! :)



The kids eating their cupcakes!




Opening presents! I just had to put this picture in there. Emma hurt her hand before the party so we put a bandaid on top of it. The whole party she was acting like she had a dead hand and this picture just shows it perfectly. She was trying to open her presents using only one hand. She is such a funny girl!



Some of her presents!




I think the party turned out quite well! Emma had been looking foreward to this party for 3 months! She had a lot of fun and I am glad so many people were able to share it with her!

1 comment:

Self Family said...

Tt sounds like she had a great party. These pictures are priceless!