We decorated our house with falling snowflakes.
And pretty velvet ribbon and bows
And of course a Christmas Tree...sad I know but we will get a better one once we get to Utah :)
I made a train out of chairs and the kids helped me make wheels and the PE for the back of the train.
Joey's plates, napkins and cups.
I made yummy Polar Express Cupcakes.
When his friends arrived we made reindeer paddle balls. I think they turned out pretty cute and the kids had fun making them.
We then played Freeze Dance. The kids danced to the song, Hot Chocolate from the movie.
Joey's friend Hyrum had the best moves! :)
Joey's friend, Ethan, was the last one standing and won a cute gumball machine.
Then everyone got onto the train and Mike read them the Polar Express Book.
After the book was done, Mike explained the Legend behind the "Believer Bell" and gave a bell to a kid like they did in the movie. He chose Hyrum.
Then it was time to open presents. He got a lot of nice gifts from his friends.
We then sang to Joey and had cupcakes and yummy hot chocolate with marshmallows. Joey looks so happy doesn't he :)
That is better!
Then the party was over. We let the kids watch Frosty the Snowman until all their parents arrived.
They all got sent home with a pretty nice goodie bag. My sister, Melissa, made the bag toppers and stickers to match. You can go look at her etsy store here. The bags were filled with a train whistle, a train sucker, a bell, stickers, a candy cane, and a packet of hot chocolate.
I think Joey had a pretty good birthday. I was glad all his friends were able to enjoy the day with him and we were able to have it before we left. Joey has sure made a lot of nice friends this year and will be sad to leave them.
2 comments:
What a fun idea! Awesome job on the cake and cupcakes too :)
Sounds like a really fun party!Happy Birthday Joey! :)
Post a Comment