Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

We had kind of a busy St. Patrick's Day. But, I of course, still made time for my yearly traditions.

My kiddos in their St. Patrick's Day clothes.



After we all got dressed, we did some shopping. I had a great coupon for Payless Shoes and they were having their Easter sale...so my kids got some pretty cute sandals for this summer.

When we got home we started to make shamrock cookies. I wanted to be different this year so we found a different cookie recipe online. We made green cookies out of pistachio pudding. I was a little hesitant at first but they actually turned out pretty good.

While the cookies were baking, I printed out some cute St. Patrick's Day coloring pages for my kids to color.



I also tried a new frosting recipe. It is sooo good! I accidentally made it a little too runny so they look kind of funny but next time they will be better. This is a great icing recipe if you want to do multiple colors on a single cookie like for Easter Eggs and such.



After making and frosting the cookies, it was on to my traditional all green dinner.

If you remember from last year, I made a pesto pasta dish, broccoli, green rolls, and green punch.



Well, this year, I made chicken wraps using spinach tortillas, broccoli and dip, green apples, and white grape juice.

I dyed the ranch dressing green.



And I dyed the juice as well!



The finished meal!



It was really yummy! The wraps are definitely keepers!

After dinner, we had to rush to a food storage party and were there until late...so it was a pretty full day but I think the kids had a lot of fun!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

You always have such great ideas! Looks like your day was tons of fun!!

Self Family said...

Very cute!!!!! You didn't disapoint me!!! :)

The Hill Clan said...

You are always so good at remembering each holiday and making it fun!!! I totally forgot that it was St. Patricks day and we were in spokane anyways so there wasn't much I could do. Thanks for sharing your traditions with us!!

Sara said...

Fun holiday with the little people. Loved the little shirts. And your green wraps, great idea. I am going to have to snag that one.
Hey we went private. I want to give you an invite, so go to my blog and a page will pop up that you can leave a comment. And if you give your email I will send you an invite.