On Friday, I gave my kids a drink of water and then I had them try vinegar. I really wish I could have got Joey's face on camera. It was hilarious. He looked like he was hyperventilating. Needless to say, the kids didn't like it very much (and neither did I, bleh!) but it helped my kids to realize how mean they were to Jesus..even when he just wanted a drink of water.
On Saturday, we woke up and I made scones and then we watched the morning session of conference. After conference we packed up the kids and headed to my Grandma's Assisted Living Home for their annual Easter egg hunt. I really liked they way they did it. They broke it off into 3 different age groups and they were in completely different areas and they had hidden a gold and silver egg in 2 of the sections and whoever found it would get a prize.
All the kids ready to go out and find some eggs. My Mom brought my step sister, Tiffany's kids, Zack and Braden and Tiffany's sister, Nicole and her 3 kids came as well. It was a lot of fun!
Emma finding the eggs.
Joey giving me a weird face as usual :)
The kids and their Easter Eggs...I think the sun was in their eyes just a little :) I don't think my kids quite have this Easter Egg Hunt down. All the kids left with their baskets packed, my kids left with 5 or 6 eggs and that is how it is at every egg hunt. My kids don't understand that they have to hurry and grab eggs. They will walk around and just stare at the eggs and I have to literally tell them to grab them. They love these egg hunts though. Funny kids!
After the hunt was over, they had cookies, fruit, punch and chocolate milk for everyone. I have never tasted such fabulous sugar cookies..I want that frosting recipe...yummy!
Here are the kids enjoying their cookies. Emma wasn't too happy because she wanted chocolate milk. She wasn't going to smile until she got some.
Much better :)
The kids and the Easter Bunny.
After that, we went and got Emma a 12 inch Princess Bike that I found on KSL and then we went and watched the afternoon session at my mom's house. Then Mike and his dad went to the priesthood session while I hung out with my mom and sister. We didn't get home until really late and Emma had fallen asleep, so me and Joey made the Easter breakfast rolls really fast and then sent him off to bed. Boy was he exciting Sunday morning when I cooked the rolls and the marshmallow had melted. He told everyone that day that Jesus melted in the tomb :)
After Joey went to bed, I still had to make my rolls so they could rise and had to fill everyone's Easter Baskets. I got to bed pretty late!
Everyone's Easter baskets filled
Sunday morning, the kids found their Easter baskets all full of goodies. Emma got a Ken Barbie and a new Barbie outfit and candy.
Joey got a spiderman on a motorcycle and candy
Mike's parents came over and watched the morning conference with us and gave the kids an egg full of chocolate and some smelly and sparkly crayons.
This is my bunny village and I had "hidden" some Easter eggs filled with jelly beans and some other candy in the village for Mike's brothers.
In between conferences, I did my semi-annual Brunch. I made Scottish scones, blueberry muffins, the Easter Rolls, and oranges.
Both Lee and Dani had to work, so my Mom and my Grandma came over for the traditional ham dinner that night. I made ham, fruit salad, and rolls and my mom brought over cheesy potatoes and strawberry shortcake. I had some Easter eggs and a treat sitting on their plates when they sat down at the table. The meal turned out pretty good!
My mom gave us this really cute Easter basket that her and Lee had put together. It was really creative. My kids loved it!
We had a really great Easter! I have never done so much cooking in one day. I was beat, but it was a lot fun! Thanks everyone for making it so special for us and our kids!
2 comments:
Fun Easter for you guys!!!
Holy cow Kami, you really should enter the SAHM Olympics! :P You rock!
Post a Comment