The kids got to go on a blow up slide and rode the Barrels (like the strawberries), and we all went on the Tornado ride. This was a huge accomplishment for Emma! She hates rides, she won't even go on the merry-go-round! I held her hand the whole time and she only got scared once towards the end when Mike started to turn the wheel in the middle to make it spin. She did very well and we were very proud of her. (Mommy did well too :) )

After we rode some rides we walked around and looked at the exhibits. We then got some yummy treats. The kids shared some cotton candy and I got some homemade mini doughnuts and Mike got a Jamba Juice.
The rest of the pictures are pretty bad. My camera died when we got there and so I had to use my phone. Phone Camera plus sun do not mix! I still wanted to get some pictures though so I could remember the events later on.
Here is Joey enjoying the Cotton Candy

Emma snatched Daddy's Jamba Juice away :)

Me and the kids..Joey's poor face got smudged by the sun!

After the festival we went and met up with Mike's family and went to the Thanksgiving Point fireworks show. We got there around 8 and it didn't start until 10, so we had to think of things to do. Grandma bought Joey a light sword and Emma a light wand. They sure had fun with those. We talked and ate popcorn while the kids ran around to stay warm. It was a little chilly because of the wind but it was still fun.

Cory and Dan



On Sunday, Emma gave a talk in church and did really well. She needs to speak a little louder but she probably gets that from me. For dinner we had a bbq at the Bahnmiller's and I made a yummy dessert pizza. I really wish I would have taken a picture of it because it turned out really pretty.
You make up a brownie mix and spread it out on a 12" pizza pan. Cook it for 18-25 min. (depending on altitude) at 325 degrees. Mix an 8 oz cream cheese with 1/2 tsp. real vanilla and 1/3 cup sugar in a bowl. Spread it on the cool brownie. Put in the fridge for 1/2 an hour and then slice with a pizza cutter (but leave on pan) Add fruit of choice. I did rows of blueberries and strawberries to make it red, white and blue. It was very yummy! Enjoy!
1 comment:
I love your blog page--so festive! Your pictures all look so cute--you look so thin! It sounded like a really fun day! I can't wait to try that brownie pizza, it sounds delicious!
Post a Comment