Thursday, December 23, 2010

Temple Square

On Monday, December 20th, we went downtown to see the lights on Temple Square. It was very beautiful. Both, me and Mike haven't been there since before we were dating and I have really been wanting to show the kids. They added quite a few stuff since we had been there so it was really neat. I know my pictures aren't the greatest but you get the idea :)

Gotta love all the people :)



I just loved all the trees up close. It just amazes me how many lights they put on every tree.



The kids



Being goofy...trying to wink at mommy :)



Joey really wanted to take a picture of the temple. The Salt Lake Temple has always been his favorite. His 2nd favorite is the Nauvoo temple. He was really excited when I finally let him take the camera.

Joey's picture



This was my absolute favorite of the evening. They had shepherds on each side of the reflection pond and then in the middle of the pond were Joseph and Mary. It was absolutely beautiful. They had candles all around the edges of the pond as well.




The Shepherds. I just love the tree in the background. So Pretty!





This was another tree they had created in the entry way off of South Temple.



After Temple Square we decided to go check out the new Deseret Book. They were selling cookies and hot chocolate for a dollar and they had a live performance there. They also had an art gallery of Richard G. Scott's water color paintings. They were really neat.

The kids by the pretty tree they had on display. I love the huge snowman ornaments.



Enjoying hot chocolate



Joey was super excited...we got to ride the train to and from the temple.



It was a lot of fun and I was glad the kids were able to see the lights. It is something that I have always enjoyed and miss terribly about living downtown. I was happy to be back :)

1 comment:

Self Family said...

It truly is beautiful! Glad you made it down there this year!