On Saturday, April 16th, we went to an Easter activity at UVU. They had some really fun activities for the kids but the egg hunt really stunk.
Easter bunny was kind of weird too :) But oh well!
They had 2 bounce houses with slides
Love this picture of Joey going down the slide :)
Cookie decorating
(I love Emma's tongue :) This is her concentrating face)
They also had pin the bow tie on the rabbit and a few other games, but my kids just wanted to go on the slides :)
Favorite picture of Emma going down the slide :)
Then it was time for the egg hunt. They had it set up really weird. The older kids section looked like really wide steps. It was on the grass that had like 4 different sections and it was very steep. Very hard to get down in my opinion. Emma went to the other section which was very small. There were so many kids there and not very many eggs at all. It was very disappointing.
I didn't even get any pictures of Emma or very many of Joey because it went so fast. Joey got 4 eggs (but one was empty) and Emma got 1. Joey was nice and gave Emma one of his. It was just sad. I got the kids so excited and then it was a bust. But at least they had fun at the other activities.
After the egg hunt Emma made a rabbit puppet and Joey made bunny ears
On Sunday we started our week long journey of what Christ went through that week. Mike did a lesson on Loving one another. He made a board and we were supposed to write notes to each other on paper and tape it on and then we would read them all on Easter Sunday.
The kids really had fun with this activity and it was sure full by the end of the week.
On Monday, we did the Easter Story in Eggs. I completely forgot to take pictures because Mike was gone doing finals and I was trying to help the kids find the eggs. But you hide 12 eggs through out the house and each egg has something in it that symbolizes the Easter story. The kids always love this activity.
We then dyed Easter eggs
And I made a cute bunny treat. A crescent roll shaped into a bunny with a reeses peanut butter cup in the middle. Yum!
On Tuesday, we read the parable about the bicycle and we made Oil Lamps out of clay. That was a lot of fun and the kids really enjoyed it!
The finished products. Joey's and Mike's is the one in the back. Mine and Emma's in the front.
The kids made their own little projects as well. Joey's I think was a tree or something like that :)
Emma's was an animal
On Wednesday we talked about the the Ten Virgins and then we lit both of our lamps. One of the lamps had barely any oil in it and the other had a lot. We watched how the one with little oil (the foolish lamp) didn't do as well as the one with enough oil in it.
On Thursday we had the passover dinner. We ate lamb, grapes, olives, raisins, dried fruit, unleavened bread, yogurt, cantaloupe, and bitter herbs.
I also made a yummy dessert that was from that time period. I did add whipped topping to it though :) It is called Pavlova. It was really good!
On Friday, we did the Resurrection cookies and had them taste salt and then vinegar.
On Saturday morning they were hollow. The kids didn't like the cookies but I sure did!
Saturday we went to a way better Easter egg hunt (pics in another post) and then that night Mike did a fun maze/scavenger hunt activity to symbolize us coming to Christ and I made the Resurrection rolls.
It was a really great week! All these activities are just a great way to remember the true meaning of Easter and why we celebrate it! It truly is one of my favorite weeks out the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment