Friday, June 17, 2011

7th Anniversary

So, Mike finally came home the day before our anniversary on June 4th. Well, technically on our anniversary since he came in at midnight. It was a nice present just having him home again.

Since our anniversary was on a Sunday this year, we just took it easy and I made a really yummy pasta dish and a smore's pie and we drank martinelles. It all turned out really good!

On Monday and Tuesday we really celebrated. I had arranged for Mike's parents to take the kids for the night so me and Mike could be by ourselves. We went out to dinner at this gorgeous French Restaurant in Sandy called La Caille.



This was the room that we were in



They sat us right next to the fireplace. It was a little warm but very pretty




We started out with an appetizer. This is my French Onion Soup. It was soooo good! I loved the fried onions on top.



I then had a salad that was delicious. Mike had escargo. I was brave and tried some..very interesting! We then had a palate cleanser of sorbet.

Then onto our main course. Mike couldn't decide between 3 items and the waiter asked Mike if he trusted him and Mike said yes and then he took his menu and left.
He brought Mike a large lamb dish and then brought a miniature version of the duck plate. I thought that was so nice! I got the chicken and it was delicious. I loved how they made the potatoes look :)




We then had dessert. Little did I know that they were going to bring us Strawberries as well because it was our anniversary. If I would have known that I wouldn't have ordered the dessert.

It was pretty cool though, he lit it when he got to our table. I love the tuxedos on the strawberries :)



I should have taken a before and after photo..I swear my stomach grew 2 or 3 inches. We ate so much food!




The grounds



They had ducks, swans, and peacocks just walking around.




As we were leaving, I noticed that our mileage were all 7's. I thought that was pretty cool since we were celebrating our 7 year anniversary :)



After La Caille we went and saw Thor which was a great movie. Of course it had the typical love scenario in it but other than that I thought they did a really good job on it.

The next morning, we went to breakfast at this awesome little restaurant called The Communal. The reason it is called that is because they actually have a communal table in the restaurant to get people to talk and open up while eating. It is a fancier restaurant which is kind of different for breakfast but I love the pastries at that place! YUM! I had the best chocolate chip muffin and some granola! Last time I had apple cinnamon french toast which was the best!

After that we went and played miniature crochet. I was so excited when I heard about this place. How cool is that to play miniature crochet instead of miniature golf?








After that we went and did a little shopping and I got me a new camera! WAHOO! My camera decided to break the day after Joey's last day of school hence all the bad pictures you have to look at (sorry) and Mike got some new items for his media center/work station he is working on. Then we went and ate lunch at this Salvadorian restaurant I found called El Salvador. They had the yummiest little Papusas which are tortillas stuffed with cheese or beans, or veggies and then you put some of their homemade cabbage and sauce on the top. They were really good and so cheap. Each one is only $1.60. I love local restaurants!

We then picked up our kids and headed home. It was a pretty fun anniversary and it was nice to be able to spend time together after being apart so long!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary!! I actually have your anniversary written on my calendar and I still forgot to say something to you!! It looks like you had a great time!! Love You Guys!!

Self Family said...

Wow--what fun!!!! I love the pictures! Happy belated Anniversary!