We went and picked them up on his last day of school. He was very excited to look like daddy :)

So after Joey's school dance festival, we ran a few errands and then went to the park for a picnic. I love these pictures of Emma. The sun was really bothering her eyes so I couldn't get a decent picture of them. They make me laugh though.
After about 10 tries this is the best picture I got. Her eyes still aren't open but at least she doesn't have a funny look on her face :)
After eating, they went and fed the ducks some of the bread from their sandwiches. Emma gets so excited every time a duck eats her bread :)
Then they played on the playground
Emma was doing the cutest thing on the swings. After I would push her, she would kick her feet really fast and just laugh and laugh. It was so funny to watch. Other moms were getting a kick out of it too.
They then rode their bikes around the park. Our park has so many sidewalks so the kids really enjoy riding their bikes there and I get a good jog as well :)
A little while after we came home we made homemade turtles. They were so yummy and very easy to make.
I caught Emma eating a rolo before we even started making them. The little stinker :)
So of course Joey had to have one too :)
So you put pretzels on a cookie sheet and place a rolo on top of each one
Then you stick them in the oven for just a few minutes to get the rolos soft. Then you put peanut m and m's on top of the rolo.
They are so good. I love the sweet and salty mixture!
After that we got out all the kids games and played them.
We played Hi Ho Cherry-O
Cootie- This is Joey and his winning Cootie
We also played the Ladybug game, Bingo and a few others.
While the kids played a few games by themselves, I made them a special dinner.
I had a lot of fun making this meal. I made my own Happy Meals. I went to McDonald's and asked them if I could have 2 of their boxes and then I just got my own $1.00 toys to put in them. They each got a cheeseburger, apple slices with caramel dipping sauce, a juice box and a toy.
Joey thought it was the coolest thing. It was kind of funny, on our way home from his dance festival he asked if we could go get a happy meal since this was his special day. I was like nope sorry :)
He sure loved his hot wheels car. He said it was the one he has always wanted :)
And Emma loved her lip gloss and eye shadow
After dinner we had a sleep over in the living room. We got all our snacks out and our blankets and pillows and watched movies until we fell asleep. We got Gnomeo and Juliet from redbox and then watched a few of our own. Emma fell asleep after the first movie but my night owl Joey, watched all of them with me :)
We had a really fun day. I had told Joey that this was HIS day and that we were just going to party all day long. I think he really enjoyed it and felt very special.
I can't believe I have a first grader now :(
1 comment:
What a fun day and a super fun idea of a happy meal! You certainly go to a lot of work but obviously it pays off!!!! These will be memories the kids will have for a life time! Good job Mommy!
Post a Comment