Sunday, September 25, 2011

Surgery, Cavities, and Fun

On August 10th, I got home from Europe and for some reason, scheduled a surgery for Joey on the 11th. So, after being in an airplane for 18 hours and getting home around midnight, I got up that next morning and took my little guy to Primary Children's Hospital. I was glad I was coherent enough to be able to understand what the Doctors were telling me and to help Joey. His surgery went well and he is like his mommy and recovered quickly.

Joey in his scrubs



He got to play the WII and other games while waiting for the nurses to take him back




That next week, poor Emma had to get cavities filled. The dentist thought that she had 2 but when he went in there, realized she really had 4. After filling 2 of them though Emma was getting a little tired so they decided to put laughing gas on her. That didn't go too well. I got up to go check on Joey in the waiting room and noticed her stomach going up really huge and then dropping so I ran over to her and saw that she was trying to throw up. She had this black mouth piece covering her whole mouth and so she couldn't breath and was choking. It freaked me out. I yelled for the nurses and they came and got the device off of her and let her throw up. It was very traumatic for her and me so we did not get the rest of them filled that day.

Emma with the laughing gas mask on



Her with the black device on her mouth



Because both my kids didn't have such great weeks, I decided to take them to the Dinosaur Museum on their 2 buck Tuesdays. They love that museum so I thought that would be a fun activity to do to help them recover.

Joey and Emma playing in the water and sand area.



Building mountains with trees for the dinosaurs to live in




Not quite sure what they are doing here :)



Digging for bones





In the entry way to the museum



After that, we went and tried the Smart Cookie Bakery. I had a coupon and we have been wanting to try it. They custom make ice cream cookies with any cookie and ice cream flavor you would like. They were yummy but way too huge. We could have easily shared one.




It was a fun day and I was glad I was able to give them a fun day from the not so fun ones they had earlier in the week!

No comments: