Friday, December 14, 2012

November

It has been a crazy last month and a half, hence my lack of posting. I am trying to catch up so I decided to just do a month of November post.

We got our first snowfall on November 9th. My kids were so excited that after school they had to go out and build a snowman. It wasn't snowing a ton yet so they built little snowmen :) For the next 2 days though it snowed nonstop and we had a lot more snow by the time the weekend was up.

Joey and Emma with their first snowman of the season


Then they decided to build another


and another  :) This is Joey, Emma and Myra. I love how tiny Myra is :)


On Saturday, November 10th, Mike had a performance. He has been in a group called the Gamelon. It is a group of men and women who perform Bali music using real Bali instruments. Mike needed a small ensemble credit in order to graduate so he chose this. It is definitely different music but it was cool to see him up there.


And they definitely wear unusual outfits. Emma thought it was so hilarious that Daddy was wearing a skirt :)


The kids really enjoyed going up on stage after the performance to check out the instruments.




Thanksgiving week was a busy one. Mike's mom went to Helena, Montana to get her parent's house ready to sell so 2 of Mike's brothers came and stayed with us the whole week and then his dad and grandma came over for Thanksgiving.

Here are some turkey cookies I made for our family and for the sisters I visit teach.


Thanksgiving morning I attempted to make turkey waffles. They didn't turn out so well but the kids loved them.


I have never made the whole Thanksgiving meal by myself so it was quite interesting. It turned out very yummy though. I worked 2 days straight.  I also cooked ham which is not shown here and of course the pies :)


The kids all ready to eat



The Thanksgiving table with Cory, Nani, Jason and Mike.


We had a really good Thanksgiving. It was fun but I doubt I will want to do the whole meal again! :)

No comments: