Monday, June 3, 2013

May

So I thought April was bad, May was so much worse! I can't believe how much we did in just one month. We survived it though and are happy that June is finally here. It should be a fun month. Our anniversary, Father's day, and we are moving!

Here are some of the activities from May!

Wednesday May 8th, was the Mommy and Me lunch at Emma's school. They do this every year right before Mother's Day. All the kindergartener's  gave their mom a present and then we all got to go eat lunch with them in the cafeteria. Emma was sure excited and we had a lot of fun.


Emma and her friend, Jillian


Saturday, May 11th, Mike planned a whole day of fun activities for Mother's day. We went to lunch at Purple Turtle and went out to dinner at Spaghetti Factory. We also got a new car!!


During Mike's birthday week, I made some yummy food! We had pretzel bites...


S'more pancakes...


And for his birthday on May 22nd, I made his favorite meal, Chicken Marsala and we had Chocolate Lasagna for his cake.


On May 23rd, Joey and Emma got their awards for their excellent Great Brains they did the month before.


Dr. O putting Emma's medal on her


Emma with her medal and certificate. She was so excited for her first medal.


On Tuesday, May 28th was Joey's X Box field trip. I got to go with them again this year. We went to boondocks first and then went and watched  2 movies at Thanksgiving Point.

Waiting in line for Laser Tag


3D movie. They chose the roller coaster


Go-Karts


Miniature golfing


For the most part it was pretty fun! I had 7 kids this year so that was a little rough trying to keep everyone together.  A few didn't want to do what everyone else was doing. You can probably tell who from the picture above...lol!

Emma's last day of school was on May 29th. They had a fun water party and a kindergarten store. They earned money for being good for the month of May and then got to buy items from the store on the last day of school. Emma got a play piano, some balls, stickers and other toys.

Emma and Mrs. Ferrin


Joey's official last day was the 30th. The whole school puts on a dance festival. Each grade does their own dance. This was our 3rd year and it has always been so much fun.

Joey with his class


Joey with his snowball


Joey and his teacher, Miss Wood.


Emma getting ready to do their dance.


They danced to "Tony Chestnut" It was pretty cute that they had an action for all the words. :) Unfortunately there were 2 boys in front of her so you can hardly see her. I moved half way through to try to get a better view so sorry that it is shaky.


Joey getting ready


Joey's class did "Once there was a Snowman" by Inside Out. The 2nd graders always do this song and I was so glad Joey got to do it before Mike graduated and we moved.


All of us in front of Provost.


I am sure going to miss this school. I wish we didn't have to move. There is just something different about this school. The office and I were talking about it. Their is just a different spirit about it. I loved it! I loved the principal, the office staff, the teachers. I loved working there and being in the PTA. It was a sad day for me :(

After school, I took the kids to Wendy's for lunch. We tried out their new frosty's in the waffle cones.


It was also Mike's grandma's funeral that day. Since all of her family is in Costa Rica and were unable to come, we just had a small service at the graveside. The kids sang, "I am a Child of God"


Her Urn


She was buried with her mom's Rosary. All the grandchildren who were there put a rose on her grave. It was very sweet!


Her 2 children, Marylin and Larry.


After the funeral we had a nice dinner at Mike's mom's clubhouse. When we got home we did our annual tradition for the last day of school. We had treats galore and watched movies all night. The kids always enjoy that!

So May was full of good, bad and sad things. We are definitely ready for the summer and the fun trip we have planned in July and decorating our new house!

No comments: