Friday, June 14, 2013

A Baptism, Anniversary and hair cuts

The last couple of weeks have been mainly packing to get ready to move. I can't wait to get into a house. I am so excited.

We have managed to do a few things though.

Joey's best friend, Samuel, got baptized on June 1st. These 2 have been best friends since kindergarten. It is going to be a sad day when we move :(


Me and Mike celebrated our 9 year anniversary on June 5th.  I surprised Mike this year and planned it all myself. Friday, the 7th we went and spent the night at The Homestead Resort in Midway, Utah.

We first went and swam in the crater. I have been wanting to do this for awhile. It was pretty fun. Now we need to go back to scuba dive!


We then went to our favorite restaurant in Heber, Snake Creek Grill. It was very yummy!


We relaxed in the hotel and watched movies while having treats and Sparkling Cider. We went and ate at Patty's Grill, one of the Homestead's restaurants, for breakfast the next morning. It was very tasty as well!

We had a nice and relaxing anniversary which is just what we needed especially with the busy summer we have already had and will be having. I was grateful for Grandma and Grandpa Self for watching the kiddos!

One Monday, the 10th me and Emma FINALLY got out hair cut. We have both been needing it for a very long time.

Joey took our picture but I realized you couldn't see my hair much :)


So he tried again and obviously that didn't work...lol!


So, I used my nifty feature on my camera of reversing the window so we could see ourselves and took the picture myself...with Joey sneaking in at the last minute....lol!


We both chopped off quite a bit. I love how my hair looks in this photo. I am having a hard time getting my hair to look like that again. I will keep trying though. I love it when other people do my hair. I stink at doing hair...oh well!

1 comment:

Self Family said...

We had fun watching the kids! I love you and Emma's hair cuts! I got mine cute a couple of days ago :)