Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fun Halloween Activities and Fun Food!

My kids went off track on October 10th. I planned all sorts of fun activities for them since they would be missing out on the Halloween festivities at school. Sorry, this post has a lot of food pics so if you aren't interested then just continue down to the next post. There are some cute pics of my kids though :)

The first day they were off track I made mummy hot dogs for lunch with ghostly milk. We also watched a Scooby-Doo Halloween movie


Please excuse the two boxes that my hubby still has not yet put away since we moved!

 
For another night, I made these bats and we watched Hotel Transylvania


I made pumpkin waffles another day and we made ghost and pumpkin decorations and watched The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown


Making Ghosts

 Emma's


Mine

Joey's

Feet Ghosts- The left is Emma's and the right is Joey's


I am not sure why I didn't take pictures of the pumpkins. But we painted paper sacks orange and stuffed them with newspaper and drew faces on them.

We ate pumpkin popcorn while we watched The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown


For dinner I made their clementines look like pumpkins :)


Another day, I made this really yummy monster popcorn mix and we watched Monster High. Can you tell that some of the goodies are eyeballs :)


Since Mike wasn't getting to enjoy any of these activities with us, I decided to make one for him. He loves the pudding treats that look like mud with the oreo crumbs. So I made zombie graveyards and we watched The Penguins of Madagascar: A Zombie Penguin for our activity.


We also had a witch day. I made pretzel/string cheese brooms and witch hat cookies while we watched, The Witches by Roald Dahl. Definitely a weird movie but still fun!


For a ghost day we did a fun experiment using ghost peeps. The kids were excited!


I cut open a water bottle and put three peeps in it and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. I asked the kids what they thought was going to happen and they both just thought it would melt.

Bad picture but you can kind of see that it erupts like a volcano


The kids thought that was awesome! They were not expecting that :)


All done! Even though it was such a short experiment, it was still fun!


We had ghost hot chocolate


Ghost s'mores made out of peeps


And watched Casper Meets Wendy


We did fun outdoor activities as well that I will post pictures of separately. It was a pretty fun 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You're such an awesome mom! So many fun things.