Sunday, January 4, 2015

Joey's 10th Birthday

Joey turned the big 10 this year. We are officially into the double digits. I can't believe I am old enough to have a child this old. I remember when I was 10 like it was yesterday.

Joey had a great birthday this year. He wanted it to be simple this year. No friends, just family. It was nice and not so hectic :) Because he was in the double digits, we made him do two of everything throughout the day. He had 2 french toast with 2 bacon. 2 little pieces of cake with 2 scoops of ice cream. We did 2 activities that night. He got to watch 2 episodes. If he wanted anymore of anything he had to have 2 more.

Sorry for the picture overload. I have found that my kids (especially Joey) is so fun to take pictures of. My kids are very animated so it is fun to catch all their faces and then of course I have a hard time decided which pictures to use. So enjoy all of them :)

He chose to have a lego birthday this year. I thought it would be fun to decorate his door like a lego. He loved it and was very surprised. Too bad we moved 5 days later and had to take it down so quick.


All decorated


Surprisingly, there is very little lego birthday decor..even with The Lego movie out so I had to improvise on a few things. I had fun putting together this banner


And Mike drew lego faces on yellow square plates using an edible pen


Mike got this lego cup at work..it was perfect. You can actually build things on the cup. Joey loved it more than his french toast. :)


His creation


Grandma Bahnmiller and Dan gave him this fun dice game Dan made.


Jason gave him monopoly


We each gave him 2 gifts. Emma got him a Hot Wheels stop watch with 2 cars to race and a huge box of Mike n Ikes




We got him a lego set of Big Ben


And a stunt racer car he has been wanting (as you can tell by his face) :)



After opening presents, he got a big surprise. He got to have some face time with his best friend, Samuel. This is his first birthday in 5 years without Samuel so this was a fun surprise for him. They talked awhile while I made his cake. 



His finished lego cake


He likes it!

For our first activity, we went to this fun playground that is for kids and adults. It was a lot of fun being able to play with the kids and not just watch them.

Joey going down the slide



Joey and Emma climbing to the next structure


Emma going down the slide





Joey, me and Emma going down the slide one last time before we took off




For the next activity we went out to dinner. Joey's new favorite place is Red Lobster so we went there. He loves their shrimp alfredo. Daddy even let him get the big boy version and not the kids meal. This was one happy kid!

Getting sung to. Mike was making a funny comment about him in the frame. Needless to say Joey didn't like it..lol!




After that we went home and had his cake.






I think he had a pretty good day!

1 comment:

Self Family said...

Looks like a very fun birthday! I think this is the first one that I haven't been able to celebrate with him, too!!!! Miss you guys and love you!!!