Sunday, April 12, 2015

Easter

Easter was a little different this year. It was on conference Sunday. I have always enjoyed going to church on Easter and seeing everyone in their new Easter dresses and having lessons reflecting on the Savior and how he died for us. So, it is a little hard for me sometimes when Easter falls on Conference weekend. It was still nice though to just relax, snack on Easter candy and listen to the prophets. 

All the Easter baskets filled up. Emma got a paint maker, Joey got a lego set from the Lego Movie and me and Mike got the movie, Meet the Mormons. 


The kids seeing what is in their baskets




We had our traditional cinnamon rolls on Saturday this year so that I could make the Resurrection rolls on Sunday. They were delicious as always. The kids enjoy helping me make them every year and reflect what they mean. For anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about. It is a marshmallow (the Savior in his white robe) rolled in butter and cinnamon and sugar (the spices they put on the dead so they wouldn't smell) rolled up into a rhodes roll (the tomb) We always make them the night before and let them rise in the fridge overnight. Then when you bake them in the morning the marshmallow melts and the tomb is empty.

In between conferences, we went to a local garden here in Pasadena and took Easter photos.





The boys in their matching ties


Our matching skirts. I am not a fan of this picture. I am at the stage in pregnancy where people are too afraid to ask you if you are pregnant or just eating too many cookies!


Having fun with the camera :)


Joey taking pics of Emma with the palm trees. I really like this one!






No comments: