Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Weekend

Saturday, December 23rd we got together with my side of the family to exchange gifts. Sadly I did not take any pictures :( We had a lot of fun though. It was at my sister, Melissa's, house. We had an assortment of appetizers for food, way too many desserts, and a fun hot chocolate bar. We opened presents and watched Christmas Oranges. My mom each gave us a really nice scrapbook of our family cruise we all went on. Melissa made each one of us an ornament that had our ship on it and real sand from Lover's beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. The kids each got a puzzle and Kids Just Dance from my parents.


On our way home, we noticed a ton of bright Christmas lights a little off the freeway in Orem. They were on a hill and it was just gorgeous. We had to go check it out, so we got off the next exit and turned around. We found them pretty fast which we were happy about :)

It was a mansion with a ton and I mean a ton of Christmas lights. It was so pretty!







On Sunday, we made Sugar Cookies and decorated them. We made a few extra and gave them to some neighbors. We had already made neighbor treats earlier in the week but I wanted to give out more :)


Christmas Eve morning I woke up and made these for the kids. They just loved them and thought they were the coolest thing. I put marshmallows on the Santa for Emma since she doesn't like whipped cream.






And we got a snowstorm!!! I think the last time we had a white Christmas was in Moscow. The kids and I were so excited!



We went over to Mike's families house that night for a Tamale Dinner and we exchanged gifts. We got a lot of nice gifts there. The kids were so spoiled and got a lot of fun toys. Every time Joey would open a present he would gasp and yell, no way! This is awesome! It was pretty funny :)

We also opened our traditional pajamas that night. It was really cold so Emma put on some pajama bottoms so she wouldn't be so cold :)



Joey is finally becoming of the age where he gets so excited that he can't go to sleep. He kept on sneaking out to try and take a peak. So Me and Mike ended up watching a few episodes on Netflix to make sure Joey was asleep before we set up. We didn't get to bed until 3...lol!

Here are all the stockings set up and ready to go!






No comments: