Joey turned 8 on December 29th. He wanted to have a Hot Wheels party this time. His birthday turned out great this year! He had 9 friends come. That is the most he has ever had. It is so hard having a birthday during Christmas break so I was really happy that we had such a great turn out especially since 8 is such a special birthday.
His birthday cake I made
The table set up
The cool banner Joey picked out
Joey's presents
This year for his special breakfast I wanted to make something I knew he would absolutely just love, so I went online and learned how to make shaped pancakes. It turns out it is super easy. I think we will be seeing lots of cool pancakes in the future :)
His space pancakes: A Rocket, Saturn, the moon and stars.
And he thought they were pretty cool. I got a video of when he first woke up and also of when he saw the pancakes. He was excited to eat them :)
Opening presents
He got a science kit and microscope from Emma (and daddy helped with this)
A hot wheels track set from us
and a pirate ship from the Bahnmillers
He was a pretty happy kid.
When his friends first came we had mini wooden race cars and paint set out so they could paint a car
After most of them were done we started a race track game. 2 people played at a time. They each had a car and a race track/maze and had to get to the finish line first.
It was a pretty fun game and the kids really liked it. After all the eliminations, Joey won!
They then played twister
And we had a pinata
Then it was time to open presents. He got some really nice things. I loved watching his face as he opened each gift. He loved each and every one of them! Probably because most of them were hot wheels related :)
Cake time!
Being sung to
Blowing out the candles. This is the first year that this is him actually blowing out the candles. The little stinker loves to blow them out before we are even done singing but he actually waited this year :)
He had a great party! This year will probably be his last big themed birthday. He is getting older now so we will probably just let him pick a friend or two and go to a movie or to a nickel arcade or something like that.
For dinner Joey chose Burger King. Burger King is one of the only places that still puts happy meals in a cool box. What kids wants a dumb sack? I like Burger King ;)
Eating his ice cream cone
He definitely had an awesome birthday this year! Between Christmas, his birthday and his baptism, this kid got everything he ever wanted! 8 years old is such a special birthday and I am so happy it turned out just like he wanted it.








































1 comment:
Fun, fun, fun!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment