Saturday, January 9, 2010

Joey's 5th Birthday

For Joey's 5th Birthday we went to Chuck E Cheese's. We went on Tuesday, December 29th. Joey definitely got spoiled this year. He had his Polar Express Party with his friends back in Moscow, he got to ride the Polar Express and then he had a great party with family and friends on his actual birthday.



When everyone arrived, we all ate pizza and then all the adults talked while the kids went on the rides and played games.



Our friends, the Crockett's, moved to Springville, Utah last August so it was fun to see them again and Joey was sure excited to get to play with Jack again.

Here is Joey and Jack on the train!



Olivia and Emma on the train



Heather playing games with the kids...I think she was having more fun than the kids :)




Little Livy on the car. She has gotten so big since we have seen her last. She has always had an attachment to Mike. Mike would always hold her in church and put her to sleep for them. Mike sure loves this girl. We were wondering if she would even remember us since it had been like 6 months since she had seen us. Heather was telling us that she doesn't like strangers at all and barely lets anyone hold her. But sure enough, she went to Mike and was attached to him the whole night. She wouldn't even go to me and I was the one who used to babysit her all the time :)



Jack was too cute! He would take Emma's hand and pull her around to all the different games and rides.




After all the tokens were gone, it was time to open presents. Joey sure got a lot of nice things.



2 boxes of Lincoln logs from Grandma and Grandpa and Dani Self and the Kump family.



Puzzles from Great Grandma Madison



A race car from Emma



A Polar Express Train and Track from mom and dad



Buzz Lightyear from Grandma and Grandpa Hallmark (they weren't at the party but had sent Joey money so we bought this for him so he could open it on his birthday)



Ramone and the new Thomas Movie, Hero of the Rails, from Melissa and Jason's family



And a backpack that has six different games in it from Grandma and Grandpa Bahnmiller and family.



Some pictures of the guests




We were glad that Mike's grandparents were able to come and spend the night with us. They are from Montana.



Isn't Braden just a cutie!



After presents, it was cupcake time! I made these cute Reindeer cupcake pops. They were quite difficult and stressful to make. I didn't think they turned out as cute as I had hoped but they sure tasted yummy and I got a ton of compliments on them. A bunch of people at the restaurant were eying them and had to come up and ask how I made them. :)





After the cupcakes, we talked and Jack, Joey, Olivia, and Emma went on more rides.



Gotta love this face, Chris!



Not sure what Emma was doing, but I thought it was sure cute!



As we were leaving, the kids thought it would be fun to catch snowflakes with their Aunt Dani!






Thanks everyone for making Joey's 5th Birthday so special! I can't believe my baby is 5!

2 comments:

Self Family said...

Good luck on topping this birthday next year!!!!! :) Emma's going to think she should have 3 birthday's. too!!!!! Oh well, I'm sure you'll think of something! It was fun being there to help Joey celebrate---he's getting sooo big!!!!!!!

The Hill Clan said...

So Fun!!! I'm glad that Joey had such a good birthday!! I only wish that we could have been there to celebrate it with you!! I hope that you are all doing well!! Marie is out of town right now but when she gets back I'll talk to her about your recipes or if you want, I can give you her e-mail address and you can get a hold of her sooner. Just let me know. We love and miss you!!