Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hogle Zoo

On Thursday, July 29th, we had the opportunity to go to the Hogle Zoo. Cache Valley Cheese was having a promotion where for every 4 bags of cheese you bought you could get a free ticket into the zoo. So we all jumped into the car with our 16 empty bags of cheese and headed to the zoo!

I had forgotten how big that zoo was! Despite how hot it was, we had a lot of fun. We got to experience the animals really up close. The kids, especially Emma, loves animals so they had a lot of fun and was excited to see their favorite animals.

Absolutely love this picture! I made a camera bag from Artscow.com out of this picture.




The kids of course had to go down the snake slide




And of course it is required to take goofy pictures at any zoo!






Joey is really into maps right now so he was very excited to carry around a map of the zoo and to tell us where to go :)



This monkey looked very sad and depressed



Joey really likes Elephants..so he was really excited to see one!



This elephant was hilarious. He was trying to find food so bad. His trunk was moving all over the place. Poor elephant never found any :(



This animal was so cute. He is called a monitor. Emma put her finger up to the glass and the monitor would move where ever her finger was. She got him to go up pretty high too but I snapped the picture too late.




The tigers were pretty sad this time. All they wanted to do was sleep :(



I think the giraffes were the best of the show. Giraffes are Emma's favorite animal so I was happy that it was such an awesome exhibit.




We were able to see them feed one of the giraffe so Emma got to see one very up close.



We learned a lot about giraffes. I never realized they had horns. They use their horns to fight off attackers or other giraffes who get in their way. They try to stab you with their horns in the neck. Apparently there is only one girl giraffe and this giraffe in the picture gets very jealous of other giraffes who hang out with her. :) You also can not pet giraffes because they will attack you.





One of my favorite animals! I was surprised none of the penguins were swimming..it was so hot!



Emma also loves turtles. She loves tortoises because of Kung Fu Panda.



Emma and the tortoise



I couldn't believe how close this ostrich was! He just came up and acted like he wanted in on the conversation! :)



Emma really wanted a picture on top of the rhino. She must know that her Mom likes to take pics. :)



Joey really likes snakes too but all the pics I took of them were too dark since they are inside exhibits.

We were there for about 3 1/2 hours so we were exhausted when we got to the car. All 3 kids of mine fell asleep on the way home :) It was a fun day and I was glad we were finally able to take the kids to the zoo.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You have some great pictures! It looks like you had a lot of fun! I love it!

Self Family said...

You really do have alot of great pictures!!!! I love that one, too with Joey adn Emma having their arms around themselves--so cute!!!!