Thursday, November 11, 2010

Halloween Part II

On Saturday, October 30th, the kids started the day out by having Boo Berry Cereal!




Mike's mom and brothers came over and made spider cookies out of brownies and the kids made turkeys to officially say hello to November



Then we got ready to go to Trunk or Treat. Our ward is actually a branch (weird being in Utah, I know) so they didn't have a trunk or treat so we went to my mom's.

Here they are all dressed up! I know I am biased but I do think Emma was the cutest Snow White I have ever seen! :)



Unfortunately, it started to rain pretty hard so they had trunk or treat inside. They had tables set up in the gym and all the kids just went around to the different people. I made the suggestion (like we did in Moscow) that they decorate the doors to the different classrooms and then the kids would get to knock on the doors like trick or treating. Hopefully maybe next year they will do that. My kids sure loved it!

The kids going to the different tables



Joey got tired of wearing his mask halfway through so he let daddy be Optimus :)





The kids and all their goodies!



After we went around the gym, they had a chili cook off and hot dogs and doughnuts. They also had some games like a cake walk and face painting for the kids but my kids get freaked out just thinking of face painting so we left.

I felt so bad, it was raining so hard! I did get to take the kids to 3 or 4 houses around my parents neighborhood and they really enjoyed that. After my mom's house we went to Mike's parents and trick or treated there and to 2 of their neighbors. I can't believe how much candy my kids got. Between Saturday and trick or treating at my grandmas, man they will be stocked for months.

***********************************************************

On Halloween, I woke up early and made my traditional pumpkin pancakes! YUM!

e


Then we headed to church. After church we ate lunch and then made pumpkin cookies. As you can tell, Joey really likes his Optimus mask :)



I also made a pot pie pizza for dinner and made a jack-0-lantern for the crust. I thought it turned out rather cute



************************************************************

We were going to carve pumpkins on Halloween but completely forgot and then it got too late so for FHE on Monday we did it. A day late, I know, but Oh well! Joey had wanted to carve his pumpkin all week but Mike was out of town and so we waited. So Joey was very excited and dove right in to get the seeds out.



Emma was a little more scared too but towards the end she put her hand in a tiny bit :)



Mike carving the pumpkin



The finished product



He made a D for one eye because that is what Joey requested and the other eye Emma wanted a heart. I chose the mouth. So it was a family effort :)



We had a pretty good Halloween! It was nice to see so much family and get to celebrate it with them.

1 comment:

Self Family said...

Fun was had by all!!!!! Thanks for spending Halloween with me!!!!