Here is a picture of all of us after the baptism. (sorry it is so blurry but you get the idea)
We decided to do a Carnival theme this year for Emma's birthday. She wanted animals to be a part of her birthday (especially horses) so I bought this cute Carousel for her cake from Wilton. It was a terror of a cake. Nothing went right. I first went to Michaels and they didn't carry it. I then ordered it online from Amazon paying double the price. A few days later I was at Michaels again and noticed they had one on the shelf. (I was annoyed because I had had a 50% off coupon) Well, the package didn't come with Amazon. It was a day before the party and 3 days late from when it should have arrived, so I went back to Michaels and bought the one that they had. I got home and made the cake and started to decorate it (bad idea without looking in the box first) I then got out all the items from the box and noticed the horses and the bottom part that holds them to the cake were missing. Oh a big ARG!!! Mike had an idea to use the animal pretzel molds I had bought to make animals and we could just stick them to the rods that came with the carousel. So we did that!
Here is the cake
But because the bottoms were missing, we had to stick the rods directly into the cake. Well this lasted about an old 10 minutes and it all came crashing down! :( It was too heavy!
We had a bbq at the park and then had the carnival
The birthday table. As you can see no Carousel cake. I gave up! I fixed the frosting and just wrote Happy Birthday Emma on it.
The kids eating
After we ate the Bahnmillers came to celebrate Emma's birthday with us.
I broke the kids up into 2 groups. The older kids and the younger kids.
First the younger kids played pin the horn on the unicorn
Emma
Joey
Tate
Elizabeth
Then the older kids played ring toss
Aaron
Logan
Jordan
They then went and did Free Throw shots with the basketball and played frisbee (I decided I couldn't be in 2 places at once with the camera so I stuck with Emma's group)
The little kids then played bowling
Emma won this one on her first try. She got a Strike!
Not quite sure what Joey is doing here or why he thinks he can be so close :)
They then threw 3 balls into a bucket
After all the games were played and the prizes dealt out we had a pinata
All the kids lined up ready to go
Mike being the Monkey he is, climbed the post and held the pinata himself
Logan broke the unicorn right in half and still no candy came out
After the pinata we opened presents. She got a lot of nice gifts!
Marylin made this doll for her using a mop! She loved it!
Grandma Self and Dani bought her a Repunzel dress up
Joey gave her a Barbie movie, Mermaidia.
We gave her one of her presents today and gave her, her big one on her actual birthday.
She also received a fun game from Melissa, Jason and the kids, and money from Grandpa and Grandma Hallmark. With that money she bought a Tiana Barbie and a large Horse toy.
Cake time!
We were going to do snow cones since it was so hot but it didn't work. I also had made a ton of animal suckers to give out as favors but forgot about them in the heat and they all melted. :)
So, as you can see, nothing seemed to work out for me with this party. Emma still had fun though and I think everyone else did too!
I was just glad we were able to do it when there was so much family in town. It was fun to see everyone!
1 comment:
What a fun party!! What a lot of work!! What a nice mom you are!! I think her cake is cute!! I hope your kids know how lucky they are to have you!!
Post a Comment