This was also in the Living room. My piece of cake (since only Me and Joey like cake), a pretty glass rose, a nice card, and my present (a plaque with the word Love on it)
Emma and Joey also made me some cards. Here is one of Joey's. He put it on top of my laptop so I would see it first thing :)
That day I went and spent the day at Emma's preschool and ate breakfast with her. That night, Mike made me a P.F. Chang meal. It was yummy!
On Friday, the 16th, my sister, Melissa, and my mom took me to Shakey's Pizza...YUMMO! My mom also made these cute cakes for me.
That night, we went and celebrated Mine and Emma's birthday and went out to eat to The Macaroni Grill. We also had tickets to go see the Marrionette's at BYU. The kids absolutely loved watching the stringed puppets. We watched Dragon King. Here are the kids after the show with one of the dragons.
On Sunday, the 18th, was Emma's birthday. It was also our State Conference so we just took it easy that day. It was nice and relaxing.
Here is the Birthday girl in the decorated kitchen
I made Cinnamon Roll pancakes with Cream Cheese syrup
Opening her present and getting a birthday kiss from daddy
She got a princess tea party rug. She loved it!
We also got her an Ariel shirt but I completely forgot to wrap it and so I just gave it to her later
For lunch, I made cheese sandwich sundaes. She thought that was pretty cool :)
For dinner, she requested hot dogs..wahoo! :) Out of all the things she could ask for she chose Hot Dogs. Well to make it a little better, we decided to do a barbeque and we had hamburgers as well. We also had her favorite chips and watermelon.
Since Emma doesn't like cake but LOVES chocolate chip cookies, I made her a giant cookie. And of course we had to eat it with her favorite ice cream, Strawberry.
Blowing out the candles. As you can see, we were really taking it easy. After baths, we got back into our pjs :)
After eating the cookie, the kids just had fun playing some of her princess games.
It was a fun week!
On Monday, the 19th, Emma got to celebrate her birthday at preschool. On the first day of school they all made birthday crowns for when their birthday came along, so she got to wear her crown today and be the special helper all day. Each student gets to make a poster about themselves for their birthday and then show them to the class during sharing time.
Here is Emma and her teacher, Mrs. Julie, showing hers off

She went through a couple of magazines and picked out things that describe her. She had a lot of fun making it.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday (late...)!! Glad it was a special day, I remember how good you guys are at celebrating birthdays and how awesome you are at partying!
What a crappy friend am I!! I'm sorry I missed your birthday!! It sounds like it was great though!! I miss you guys!! When you gonna come up and visit?
Post a Comment