Sunday, March 4, 2012

Catch up

It's been awhile since I posted, so I thought I would do a quick catch up post.

On Monday, January 9th, I went on another field trip with Emma. We all went to the Home Depot. Each child had a picture of items they had to find while in the store. We got to go on a tour and then each child got an apron with their name on it. They loved it!

All the kids waiting for the bus.



Back at the school...showing off their new aprons



On Tuesday, February 7th, Joey sang in an assembly. He sang about the first 5 Presidents.






All the first graders singing




They also recognized Bud. He has been the schools cross walk guard for so many years and finally has retired. He was the sweetest guy you could know. All the kids loved him and were very sad to see him go. Everyone wrote a note on a poster board for him. I think there ended up being 4 posters. :)



February 13th-17th was Take Your Family to School Week. I was in charge of it so it was a pretty busy week for me. Dani came and stayed with us on Sunday night so she could help me out with our first event, breakfast for the whole school and their families Monday morning. It went really well and we had an awesome turn out. Dr. O (the principal) was just amazed and said they needed to do more morning activities. :)






We even got recognized by the national PTA. They brought us a mock check for the 1,000 I won to cover the costs of the week. We were the only school in Utah to win this grant.



Jennifer Partridge (the president) talking a little about the week.



Joey and Daddy doing the scavenger hunt together. I think it was really neat how many dad's were there. Especially doing the scavenger hunt with their kids. The kids got to show them where their classrooms were and other areas of the school that usually the mom's only see. Joey loved taking around Mike.



On Friday, February 24th, the State PTA asked us to go to the Capital Building to talk about Take your Family to School week. It was such an honor to be asked. Again we were the only school who was asked to go. Joey had a blast going. He said, "Mom, today we had an adventure" It was fun going downtown and he loved riding the bus and walking around temple square. We were even on Fox 13 news on Friday night. A ton of people came up to us after the conference and said what wonderful kids we had at Provost. How well behaved they all were during the press conference. It was pretty neat!

All the kids that came with us to support Provost



The press conference..we all stood in a line behind them. Everyone on the stairs is from different PTA's around Utah.

No comments: