Friday, June 29, 2012

An Anniversary and fun at the park

We celebrated our 8th anniversary on Tuesday, June 5th. We didn't really have anything planned since we thought we would be on our way to Vermont. While watching a movie on Monday night, I got the idea to go get crepes at this place in Orem called The Roll Up that I have been wanting to try. I knew they stayed open late and thought it would be a fun activity to start out our anniversary. So at 12:30 in the morning we woke up the kids and got them in the car and drove to Orem.

Just getting our crepes. Emma is a bit tired :)


Emma got a dessert crepe with bananas and cinnamon and sugar. Mike got a savory crepe. He hadn't been feeling well the previous 2 days and this is actually his first real meal.


Me and Joey shared a s'more crepe



On Tuesday night, we tried a restaurant we have never been to before called Magleby's. It was so delicious!!! I am pretty picky about my alfredo sauce so I asked them if I could have a small sample to try before I ordered it and they brought out a large bowl of it. It was so good that we dipped our rolls that they had given us into it. Mike had the blackened chicken alfredo and I have never had such yummy chicken! I had the penne with rosa sauce that was super yummy too! We aren't sure why we hadn't tried that place sooner.


 The yummy rolls they started us out with



The penne rosa. Just look at all that cheese they smother on top. YUMMO!


 Magleby's is actually well known for their chocolate cake and I really wanted to try it but it was dang expensive so we skipped that and went to my favorite cupcake shop.

I love The Sweet Tooth Fairy. The lady that owns it actually went on Cupcake wars and WON! The cupcake on the left is one of her winning cupcakes. The creme brulee cupcake. The one on the right is a rootbeer float cupcake. They were both delicious!



We ended up having a pretty awesome anniversary! It was nice and relaxing.

We have been trying out new parks in the area this summer. We have some pretty cute ones. We still need to try out the one with a pirate ship. That is on our agenda next week. Here are the kids playing in the Provost park on June 8th. Sorry the pics are kind of bad. I forgot my camera so I used my phone.



Emma loves these bars and was wanting me to take a ton of pictures of her doing all her tricks :)



 

Joey building a volcano



No comments: