Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Joey's Baptism

Joey was baptized on January 5th. He has been looking forward to this for such a long time.  December was a very long month for him :)


Joey and Daddy


The whole family. I love the way they positioned us so that Jesus was in between us.


The services went very nicely. Joey chose me and Grandma Self to speak. I only cried at the beginning of the talk :) I talked first on baptism and then my mom spoke on the Holy Ghost right before he was confirmed. Joey chose for us to sing When I Am Baptized and I am a Child of God.

My Dad and Kareena were able to come from Boise which Joey was very happy about. With it being in January, you never know with the weather. My Mom and Lee and Dani were there, Melissa, Jason and her boys were there, and also Mike's family was there.

His best friend, Samuel was also able to come. :)


The whole family


Me and my sweet little guy


Bishop DeVries and Joey


After the baptism we went over to our house and had lunch. Mike's sister, Jennifer was kind enough to buy us pizza and then everyone brought a side dish and drinks. It was a very yummy lunch.

Dad, Kareena and Joey


Joey opening presents. We gave him his own set of scriptures. Grandpa and Grandma Hallmark gave him a matching hymnal and Grandma and Grandpa Self gave him a case to put it all in. Grandma and Grandpa Bahnmiller gave him scripture markers, a really cute plaque that says I am a Child of God and a dog tag that says CTR.



He also got to open his birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa Self. He got a k'nex set of a motorized helicopter. He was pretty excited!




He had a really nice day. It was nice that so many family were able to be there for him. We had a great time visiting and my Dad took us and Melissa's family to Spaghetti Factory afterwards for dinner. 

I am so proud of Joseph and for his decision to be baptized. He is such a special boy. I love him to pieces! 

The next day he was so excited to go to church and to be an official member. They had him stand up and announced his baptism. He carried all his new presents with pride and was so excited to raise his right hand when the Bishop sustained people. :)

No comments: