Friday, December 20, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!

All of our decorations are up and we are ready to go! I was afraid we weren't going to have a tree this year. Mike finally convinced me to get a fake tree. I agreed if only we could have a big frosted tree. I found an awesome one at Home Depot but they were all sold out. Luckily, I found someone selling the exact one on ebay. I was so excited! Then UPS lost our tree and it took forever to get here. Finally it showed up at 9pm on a Friday night and we got right to work.

The finished product. I think it is so pretty!


I always get excited to put the presents under the tree so I always wrap them early. We had been storing them under our piano. The kids were very excited to finally put them under a tree. :)


This is the first year that I have had room to put out my Grandma's snow village. It was so fun to open the box and see all of them again. It brought back so many memories. I could even smell my Grandma when putting it up. I LOVED it! I was even happier to see that not one was burnt out or broken. Pretty neat!


Some of my other decorations


I made these

 And these

This is my Whoville display :)
 
 
 

 This year, we did something different for Christmas. Our kids have so many toys already that we wanted to give to kids that didn't have any. The kids gave up most of their presents to give gifts to children who wouldn't be having a Christmas. The kids and I picked 5 kids off of a tree and bough them what they asked for. It was a lot of fun and the kids really enjoyed it. Here they are with the items they selected. We are just about on our way to deliver them.


We have gotten into the Christmas spirit by going to a Christmas Concert. Michael orchestrated a song for the Salt Lake Pops and we went to hear them perform. He did a song from Home Alone.


Me and Joey having a date night. We watch Polar Express and had Christmas goodies.


While Daddy and Emma went on a daddy/daughter to Chili's.
 

She got to make a fun princess crown there.





No comments: