On Sunday, April 13th, I wasn't feeling well so we didn't get to do what I had planned. We were going to take a walk and let the kids find items that resembled the events that followed up to the Resurrection. Instead I just let the kids go find stuff in our yard out front and then we talked about the triumphal entry.
On Monday, me and the kids rode our bikes to the Mt. Oquirrh temple in our neighborhood and we walked around and talked about Jesus cleansing the temple. It was such a beautiful day. The kids had a lot of fun!
I love the view! It is so wonderful to have a temple so close to us. And what is neat is from this spot you can see 2 other temples in view!
Emma really liked the flowers and wanted me to take a picture of them. This was our conversation....Emma: "Take a picture of the tulips. I have always wanted to see tulips!" Me: " You have seen tulips." Emma: "Well, I have always wanted to see tulips again!" :)
Since nothing has been recorded about events happening on Wednesday...that is the day we always dye Easter eggs.
Emma's 2 favorite. She likes the one on the right because it looks like a cat :)
Joey's favorite
I think they turned out pretty good. I like the one on the bottom of Joey's, it looks like spiders.
Thursday, we had our annual Last supper.
Since Mike was home on Friday doing music, I decided to make a fun Easter breakfast. I made bunny pancakes and bought the kids a chocolate hollow bunny and cut off the ears and filled it with milk. They loved it!
Saturday we had an Easter egg hunt in our neighborhood
And they're off!
I couldn't believe how many eggs they got! The past few years in Provo, they have only gotten 3 or 4 eggs. They really enjoyed this hunt :)
Opening their eggs to see if they won a prize
No prize but they still had fun :)
1 comment:
It sounds like fun activities!!!!
Post a Comment