Monday, September 22, 2014

My Birthday Part 1

On Friday, September 12th, we headed out to San Diego for my birthday. We took the electric car which was nice to have that extra money we would have spent on gas but it took longer to get there because we had to stop to charge it. It was a fun adventure though and we tried to do fun things while waiting for the car to charge.

Like stopping for ice cream :)

 We stopped at a place called Farrell's. It was the funnest ice cream shop. It reminded me of a 50's soda shop.


The kids shared the turkey dinner :) Complete with chocolate biscuit/cookies (turkey) candy (peas and carrots) and ice cream with caramel sauce (mashed potatoes and gravy.) They thought it was the coolest thing!


I got a free sundae because it was my birthday. I chose a toffee ice cream with caramel. Yum!


Mike's brownie sundae. I may or may not have stolen a lot of his brownie :)


The shop


They had a candy shop in the front that had all sorts of different candies from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90,s and now. It was really fun to see!



Remember these? I used to save up my allowance and go to Boise Town Square's candy store and get these huge jaw breakers. It would take me months just to complete it.

Joey loved the huge lolli pops


The view from the breakfast room in our hotel


Our hotel was right in the Little Italy district so we walked around their on Saturday. It was a lot of fun!


93.3 was at a Yogurtland giving away free ice cream so took up the offer. It's always fun to be able to pick out your own flavors and toppings.  


They were also doing a $50.00 gift card drawing and guess who won?


This guy!


How nice of them to take us out to dinner :)

After ice cream we walked around their farmer's market and got a few things. Then we walked over to this nice park and sat and relaxed. It was a pretty hot day!


Joey liked the globe on one of the corner streets.


We had some yummy Italian pizza for lunch and then headed to our next hotel. We stayed at the Holiday Inn right by the San Diego Temple. It was super nice and actually gave us free breakfast. After we checked in we relaxed for a little while and then headed out. We stopped off at a mall first to charge the car and went to The Container Store. I have always wanted to go into this store. They were actually having a $15.00 giveaway there and again guess who won? Mike was on a role :) So I got to buy a few new kitchen items for my birthday! After that, we headed to the temple!

So beautiful!


Emma really loves the mini palm trees they have around California. I was glad I was able to take a picture of her with one.


After that we went to a really nice Italian Restaurant in La Jolla. It was really yummy! Then we went to the grocery store and got us each a San Diego hat for the beach and some lunch to have a picnic there tomorrow.

Back at the hotel, we each gave the kids 2.00 to buy a treat and a pop out of the vending machines. I remember this fondly as a child. I loved going to hotels and getting a treat out of the vending machines :)

The kids all set up to watch a movie with the goodies!


After that we all went to bed so that we could wake up early and go to the beach!

No comments: