About 2 weeks ago she decided it was finally time to sit up. She is getting so much stronger and she really hasn't even started physical therapy yet. I think that I wasn't giving her enough calcium so her bones weren't developing like they should have been. She now eats yogurt and cheese everyday and I am taking a calcium supplement. In just a couple weeks of doing this, she has learned how to sit and is now trying to reach up to the furniture. We're hoping that she will want to learn to stand soon. She has such a fun and cute personality that I am sure she felt like she was just fine with what she could do, but now that she can sit, she loves it. She just has that personality: "When I want to do it I will!"


Here are Joey and Emma - Joey hates it when I take pictures of Emma and he is not offered the chance of being in them :)

This is part of her physical therapy. We have her sit with a little table in front of her and put toys on it. We do this to help her learn to keep her back and head straight. In the past we would try to get her to sit, and instead of sitting she would arch her back, and go back to playing with toys on the floor. The therapist wants Emma to realize that she can start playing with things that are above the ground as well. (And of course the easiest way to do that is to sit.)

2 comments:
i'm so glad things are going well! she is a beauty and she had me worried! let me know if you need anything!
We are so glad she is getting to be so strong! Yay Emma!
Post a Comment