Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mother's Day Weekend

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there and Thank You for all that you do!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day! I knew it was going to be a difficult day for me, but Mike made sure it was as wonderful as it could be. It isn't easy, after loosing a child, especially when you feel at blame for what happened. I know in all aspects it wasn't my fault but saying that doesn't help the heart. It just hurts to know that my body cannot develop good placentas for my babies and it hurts even worse to know that I may not be able to have that wonderful experience of becoming a mother again.

Okay, sorry, on to happier notes! So this weekend was great. My mom, my sister, Melissa, and her family came up to see all of us on Thursday and to see Keri's big production of the year on Saturday. Her dance team did great, and we are very proud of the business she has built. Her little students were too cute! It was also Mackenzie's 8th birthday so after the production we went to Wingers to celebrate. Unfortunately the downfall of the weekend was me and my lovely trip to the ER. I was there for 4 hours and didn't get home until 10:30 Saturday night, so unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy much time with my family celebrating Kenzie's birthday.

On Thursday, we finally received our globes to put one of Myra's hands and one of her feet in. They turned out very nice.

Here is her hand:



And here is what the inscription says on it:



Here is her foot:



And the inscription:



Because we got the molds of Myra's hands and feet, I wanted to do the same for Joey and Emma. I don't ever want to make them feel any less special than Myra. So thanks to Mike's mom, on Thursday night, the kids and I were able to make these. I thought they turned out pretty cute! Emma's was a little difficult, because she hates it with a passion to get dirty, and so the molding on her hands was too much for her. :) Their molds are both hanging in their rooms above their light switches. They are so proud of them!

Joseph's:



Emma's:



On Sunday I was feeling a little better, so I at least wanted to go to sacrament meeting, especially since I knew this was Joey's first year in primary, and I wanted to see if he would go up and sing to me. Well he and his little friend Emma walked hand and hand up to the stand, and I was so excited - I thought he was really going to do it. Before the song started, though, I saw his lips start to quiver, and he got the saddest look on his face and started to cry, so he came back down and sat with us. I thought that was so sweet! That actually brought more tears to my eyes than the kids singing! Maybe he will go up next year.

After we got home, Mike made me a wonderful breakfast with the best bacon I have ever had! He also made me a huge purple pancake in the shape of a butterfly. Very Sweet!



He gave me a very beautiful locket that is in the shape of a heart and has a pinkish, purple butterfly on it. Inside there are 2 picture frames, and so he custom-made me a picture of Myra for one side and Joey and Emma for the other side. I love it!!! I couldn't have asked for a better gift!



I don't know how well you can see this, but here are the pictures that are inside of it.



The kids each gave me a coupon for 1 free massage! I always loved making these for my mom, so I was so excited when I opened my card and these coupons fell out! That made my day as well!



Our friends Josh and Alisha and their kids came over as well. Josh and Mike had planned this big dinner for us and boy was it delicious. We had Mike's yummy philly cheese steaks. Seriously, you haven't tried philly cheese steaks until you have tried his. We also had Italian sodas (another favorite of mine) and then Arroz Con Leche, which was just icing on the cake, because I have been craving this Costa Rican dessert for a while now and have been wanting Mike to make it. It is so yummy!

So all in all, it was a great Mother's day weekend! If I didn't have to go to the ER, then it would have been perfect... with no flaws. But I guess nothing is ever perfect! :)

4 comments:

ang :o) said...

Kami I'm so glad you wrote about your day! I thought about you a lot yesterday! I also appreciate you sharing your heartache of feeling at fault. You are human and sharing your true feelings makes you seem more reachable! I think anyone would blame themselves but we all know for you that's just not the case! I hope that some day you can be at peace with knowing this was not your fault. I LOVE the hand and foot molds! So cute.
I'm sorry you went to the ER as well and hope you get better soon!
Love you!

JT42 said...

What a great weekend! I am sorry you were in the ER (that is never fun). The molds are adorable. Thank you for sharing your feelings of heartache and motherhood-you are a great mom and the Lord knows what you are capable of doing with all the children you are blessed with! Happy Mother's Day!

La belle mère said...

Sounds like a great weekend! :) It really is sad that Mother's Day is a day of mixed joy and sadness for so many people. I can understand the feeling that your body is letting people down, even though logically you know it's not any fault of yours . . . It sounds like you're doing a great job of making the best of a lousy situation, though. And the molds are absolutely beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful time visiting with you and your beautiful family last weekend! Thank-you for such a fun time. Thank-you for the beautiful Mother's Day card and the darling pictures! You helped me have a wonderful Mother's Day! I love you, Mom