Saturday, September 11, 2010

Joey's in Kindergarten :(

I can't believe my baby is going to be 6 in 3 months and that he started Kindergarten! It seems like just yesterday I was being rushed into the Emergency Room to have him and then sat there with him for almost 2 weeks as he struggled for life in the NICU. This little Joey of mine has been my little miracle and I am so glad he was brought to our family. Many doctors said that he should not be here with us..so I know he has a very important purpose here on this earth! I am so happy to be his Mom. I am very protective of this little guy and I hope he doesn't get annoyed with me :)

So, I struggled a little through this day! I am happy to report though, I only got a little teary eyed when I had to leave him. He was having so much fun with his friends playing and was so happy that I couldn't cry. I knew that was where he was supposed to be. I am just happy he doesn't ride a bus...I am not ready for that! :)

The morning of his first day of school, I made him a special breakfast. I made scones with cinnamon syrup and served it with grapes and milk.




Joey in his new outfit ready to go. He is doing a K in sign language symbolizing that he is going into kindergarten.



Before I took him to school, we went and had a picnic with daddy at BYU. I got some special lunches for everyone. It was a lot of fun and Joey thought it was pretty neat.





Joey in front of his new school..he looks so little!



Joey and his cubby



Joey at his desk



Joey playing with some of his classmates before the bell rang



After we left Joey, me and Emma went back home and made a special treat for Joey for when he got home. I remember many years of coming home on my first day of school and my mom had made no bake cookies or pumpkin cookies. I loved it and wanted to do that same thing with my kids.

I found this awesome recipe on Picky Palate and knew it would be perfect for Joey. Oreo Cheesecake pretzel bites. Boy were they yummy and so easy to make it. Emma had a ton of fun making them with me and was pretty proud of them :)



Joey had a great first day at school and really enjoyed the cookies when he got home. Since then when I pick him up everyday from school he asks me if I have made them again :)



After a week of being in school, they actually changed teachers and their classroom. Provost has had a full day kindergarten for those students that needed a little extra help. This year the school district was able to fund them 2 full day classes so that left Joey's half day class with no teacher. So at the last minute they hired a teacher and made a new classroom. They had the full day teacher teach Joey's class for the first week and the new teacher was the aid to get used to the kids and schedule and then this last week they all got moved into the new room. Hopefully everything will work out! I was tempted just to put Joey into the full day class just because that teacher is so wonderful but Joey is too smart for it and I don't think he is quite ready for all day. He seems to enjoy his new classroom though so that is all that matters! :)

Joey sitting in his new desk!

2 comments:

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Wow I can't believe he's that old! Crazy. You are such a cute little Mommy . . . I love reading about all the sweet little things you do for your kids :).

The Hill Clan said...

I can't believe our kids are old enough for kindergarten. It is kinda sad but it's fun to see them experience new things too. Joey is such a cutie and he's gonna do great. And really, sending them on the bus is not as hard as it seems. I think she almost likes riding the bus more than actually going to class.