Monday, December 8, 2014

Getting Ready for Christmas!

This year I decided it was time we got new stockings. Pick your Plum was having a great discount sale on their already low prices so I couldn't pass these up. I think they are way cute!


On Friday night, December 5th, Mike had his work Christmas Party. It was at a pretty yummy restaurant. Unfortunately, it was mostly drinking so we felt out of place but I did get to meet Nancy Travis! I love her show Last Man Standing! Tim Allen is one of my favorite actors! She was really nice and I am glad I got to meet her. She has been married to Mike's boss for over 20 years. I like hearing stories like that in LA.


On Saturday, December 6th, we had a pretty eventful day.  During the day we went to the Christmas Celebration on Lake. Lake is a long street full of businesses and they all had things going on.

The kids met the Grinch


They made ornaments


Went rock climbing









Got to visit Santa


And decorate Sugar Cookies




There were carolers throughout. Live music, cookies, popcorn, sleigh rides. I couldn't believe all they had and it was all free. They wanted a 5.00 per person donation for the sleigh rides or else we would have done that. It was a fun day though.The kids had a blast!

Then we had our ward Christmas party that night. It was Christmas around the world and each table was decorated as a different country. We had foods from all over and the primary kids sang Silent Night in German.




No comments: